How Good is Your Alignment?

I would say I am about a 7 on putting alignment - I am usually in the range of a 1/2 cup and I burn alot of edges. I would love to see some tricks/tips on how to improve this.

Putter alignment is pretty good for me. I set up open to target line on purpose. I feel like I hit my lines consistently.
Green reading on the other hand? Woooof I get it wrong so often

Given that I never really check putting alignment, and am basically just "eyeballing it", based on where the ball misses the hole.... I will go with "marginal". Because it would be pure luck if I was any better than that.

I was surprised that I am actually pretty good. I averaged on SAM over 6 puts to be about a degree off on the open side. Now that is in doors looking at a 12 foot straight putt. I think when you get out doors and are looking to play some slope. Things get dicey. I think I am still ok at it though. Reading greens to find the correct line is my issue.

At my putter fitting, without an alignment aid, I was consistently left of target, usually 2-3 inches at 10 feet. Sometimes more, sometimes less. But my stroke was mostly on line. Using the alignment aid on the ball, my feet and putter face were aligned much more consistently. My hips and shoulders however were still open some. But, again, my stroke was usually on line.

When you've been looking at things thinking you're square to the line, but you've been left, aligning square looks really right.

I would say overall, not super great. Basing that off of putts on the practice green. I don’t use any alignment lines or anything on there. I just eyeball it and am just getting a feel for the speed of the greens but I’m regularly off line. When I use alignment aids like Triple Track on the Callaway balls, I’m able pick better lines and actually keep them on it. So I’m better with help (pretty obvious statement :LOL:)

My putting method:
  • Stance open
  • Ball back
  • Hands forward
By the way, what would make putting alignment good?

I’d like to think putting alignment is pretty good. Not perfect by any means but consistent.

We have a video coming up tomorrow that is pretty fascinating on putters and putting. So wanted to ask ahead of time, what you think of your alignment in general for putting?
Overall much better with a mallet than a blade. And practice, that helps too!

It'd be interested to see how off I might be. I used to be king of the 3 putts, but this year again small sample, with the mallet one or 2 a round, and 1-3 one putts. Gotta assume it's the putter and practice!

With my mallet I normally miss with a push. With my blade I'm better in what putting I've done so far.

I feel I'm pretty decent but I've worked at my putting a bunch over the last year and do a better job of getting my eyes over the line. I should get a putter fitting to confirm

Putter alignment isn't to bad I feel. My misses (I think) has more to do with my putting stroke and speed than miss alignment. I'd be curious to see though.

I think my putter alignment is pretty solid. I use the alignment aid on the ball to help line up my putter. I usually start the ball online and give the hole a run. Not too often that I really miss on bad because of alignment. Speed can be another story though.

I think it is pretty good. Over the past couple of years, I have been able to make the 5-10 footers on more regularity when it was in issue in the past.

That has been one of my strengths. For whatever reason I line up a putter very naturally, but then I struggle with lining up for an approach shot 🤷‍♂️

With putting my alignment is actually pretty decent. Now with other clubs...... that's been a struggle as I tend to line my feet up at the target and then push my shots right.

My shaft and putter head are pretty decent. SeeMore RST works very well for me.

Feet/body/shoulders? Probably not so much. But I have been focusing more on the body alignment of late and I seem to be making more putts/hitting my intended line more often, so maybe I'm doing something better.

nice!

I think my alignment is pretty good. Now my reads aren't always the greatest but I can get lined up on what I think I see pretty well. :ROFLMAO:

Decent but needs improvement, I could always do better with aids and practice.

During my SAM fitting I found out I'm consistently aimed left. I had no idea up to that point that I did that.

I've never used a laser or SAM or anything, but I feel like my alignment is pretty decent. I practice with my SeeMore putter to keep me honest and the RST helps.

My green reading - not so much. I usually hit my lines, but those lines aren't always the right ones to get the ball in the hole!

I think my alignment is pretty good, especially when using a SeeMore putter. My stroke, on the other hand, leaves a lot to be desired.

I think my alignment overall is pretty off, I just can't get corrections to stick.

Back