Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Locked and loaded

Votes: 31 30.4%
  • In line at Costco

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Too early to tell

Votes: 19 18.6%

• Total voters
I voted Locked and Loaded. Took me a year to realize TSR2 is the driver I should have been playing. Now that I have that figured out and have new Cobra KT’s in the bag, I’m ready to rip!

My only thought are getting fit for a new driver. I am currently playing the Rad Speed and it is working well. I am curious if any newer driver and shaft combinations would work better.

Definitely too early to tell for me. Shipping my Hogans back home from Florida, the Sub70 combo set is out for irons so the pondering begins.

Driver, fairway, putter and 2 wedges are all TEE thanks to THP & Tour Edge this year but the fence sitting is between reshafting Hogans or going full TEE.

All this needs to be figured out before the Bag Boy Championship so I can get comfortable with them.

There is always room for a change.. but as of today it's good to go.. the bow is deadly it's the Indian that has his doubts.

Making a bit of a strange switch after struggling with wedges over the last handful+ of rounds due to the seasonal changes in course conditions. Remembered that I have an old, but nearly new condition, Ping Glide ES 56° wedge. Hit it into the net and was instantly reminded of that familiar feel.

So I bought a matching 60° in excellent condition before even putting the SW back in play.

So, for however long it may last. I’m starting 2024 with 2015 tech in the wedge department. That’s a first for me, there.

So the driver is 50/50 for next year and fairway set up is going to be a changing part of the bag as is wedges!
Irons are in and putter won’t get changed as much as I would like too. My biggest issue is I want to get the bag set up for 12 clubs max as I carry a lot and can’t be arsed with 14 clubs. Not sure wether to go PW then 2 wedges and 2 fairways or 1 fairway and 3 wedges.

The only change may be a driver, but still am good with my M5+ driver. However, the big change was that I went back to my Titleist 714 CB irons. They are feeling great. One day, just as an experiment, I just decided to re-shaft my 714 CBs with some C-Taper shafts I had in my garage. I just wanted to test the shaft for the heck of it, but realized I liked the 714 CBs with the C-Tapers better than my 2019 T-100 w/ AMT White Dynamic Gold shafts. I think they are staying in the bag for 2024 and I think my bag is pretty solid for 2024. However, we will see because every avid golfer's bag is always in constant change. 😂

Last edited:
Replace 2 year old 56 & 60 degree wedges like for like with new Vokey SM9s.

Considering a 7w or 4h at top of bag. Also toying with idea of trying a L.A.B. Golf Mezz Max.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks very set but I’m always open to new wedges, putters, and drivers. The Paradym ◊◊◊ is the most promising driver I’ve had after 5 or 6 rounds with it. I hit 11 of 12 fairways with it yesterday and my miss was a foot off the fairway. I shocked at how straight it has been with only one big miss with it so far after about 55 tee shots with it. I’ll still buy the newer version of it, lol.

dark GIF

Dark. And speedy.
Waiting to encounter DarkSpeed too.

Larry David Hbo GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

After reviewing my 2023 Shot Scope data, I decided to make some changes for 2024, which are now set. Among other things:

1. The gap between my 7W and 9W was not significant (3 or 4 yards on average) and despite hitting my 3HL pretty well off the tee, off the deck was another matter. I decided to replace all of the aforementioned FWs with a Ping G425 SFT 5W and a G430 5H.
  2. For irons, I'm sticking with the G710s, but it will be 8i-SW. dropping the 7i because it is not a club I have a lot of confidence in and the gap between my 6H and 8i works.
So there you have it, eleven clubs which given my lack of distance and playing senior tees should work.

Pretty much going to ride with what I played last year. I am considering changing the shafts in my irons. Once I get over Covid and back to swinging I’ll set an appointment with a fitter.

There are a few spots in my bag that I know need addressing, but until we know more about new releases it's hard to talk much. I am currently without fairway metals or hybrids and my wedges are about 5 years past needing replaced. Looking forward to 2024 bringing a great deal of change to my golf bag.

Driver: Give me a week….new will be in the bag.
FW: 💎💎💎T is going nowhere.
FW/UW: Either a redacted utility wood I’m testing, Apex UW, or redacted 7W im also testing.
UT: Apex ‘24 4 UT
IR: ‘24 Apex 5 Pro, 6-10 CB, 11 MB
W: Cleveland RTX6 54/58
P: Toulon Sea Island
Ball: New something

Following @Jman's template,

Driver - Dark Speed
FW - Dark Speed?? or do I stay with AJ until my performance with it is more consistent?
Hybrid - Dark Speed?? or do I stay with AJ until my performance with it is more consistent?
Irons - Unless
Dark Speed really blows me away, I think I'll be staying with the AJs.
Wedges - Snakebite X and Snakebite
Putter - I'll be rolling the Stingray-40 for a while. Then, wouldn't you like to know! :ROFLMAO: :cool:
Ball - Something new and wonderful

Same thing every winter as I am happy with my current bag, but then shiny new things come out and….

Patiently waiting on the Ping G430 Max 10K and Ping S159 wedges.

Too Early to Tell

Really contemplating new irons but haven't found them at the right price yet. Winter here currently so I'll keep looking, if I can't find what I'm looking for it'll be set for the season with my current set-up.

Not much change.. yet..

Time for new irons
I upgraded the Driver , 5 wood and Hybrid last year
Also got new wedges (CBX Zipcore)
I am playing G400 irons and they need to go
Either G430 or JPX 923 headed my way
Maybe T350 or a Srixon offering

New bag, new clubs:
Krank Driver
Krank 5w
Edel SMS Pro irons (4i-LW) - custom built to single length
Bettinardi Armlock putter