How many birdies do you want to make in 2021?

2021 goal is to average a birdie per round at each course I play and also to card multiple eagles
Update (courses listed in order I first play them in 2021 - just one failed course to date)
----
Silo Ridge CC MO / 1 round / 2 birds
Cardinal Creek IL / 1 round / 0 birds :(
Island Green MO / 1 round / 2 birds
Bill & Payne Stewart MO / 2 rounds / 2 birds
Rivercut MO / 5 rounds / 6 birds
Hidden Valley MO / 2 rounds / 3 birds
Horton Smith MO / 1 round / 1 bird
Millwood CC MO / 1 round / 3 birds
----
14 rounds / 19 birds / 0 eagles / at least one birdie in 11 rounds

Last edited:
That would be incredible! I hope you make it.
Thanks. Checked and I'm well ahead of the pace! Which is good because there no way I'll be able to play this regularly all year.

I had 79 last year and I don't believe I will play as much golf this year, so I will aim for 65 this year.

My guess is 35 birdies so far......so something like 200 would be a nice goal.

Now 36 in 33 rounds.

How many do I want to make? A lot.

How many do I think I’ll make? I’d be shocked if it’s more than three.

Why settle for birdies? Eagles and albatrosses! Haha. Actually I would probably say right now my goal would be 2-3 birdies per round and limiting my bogeys or worse to 5 or under!

I think the correct answer here is ALL OF THEM!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

37 in 34 rounds as of today.

Had 3 today! Finally, especially considering I had 8 chances Tuesday and missed them all! Lol

Two rounds in and I'm at six! Three on Saturday and three more today. Looking good for my goal of 100! But I doubt I keep this pace up all year

If I can get 2 tomorrow it will put me a quarter of the way there. I'll believe it's possible if I'm still ahead of schedule at the halfway mark.

Buck firdies.

I need a damn iggle in 2021.

The last couple years have been craptastic. My last eagle was blind luck. I hit a horrific drive into 8’s FW (from 7). Waited on the group in front of us to )all 4 of them bastages hit the stupid FW on the correct hole.

Anyways I’m into howling wind and I don’t laser, rangefinder, anything and just thought? Ehh 150 ish playing 170 (for me and my moon flight). 8i. Hole out. Didn’t even see it go in. Thought it stopped on the cusp and angrily went back to my bag.

Dad walked over and gave me a hug when I got back to his annoying shot in the FW of the correct hole.

He’d now seen me eagle every hole on that 9 minus the par 3’s and there’s only one 5. Two eagle putts (I’ve eagled 1 about 20 times, very short 5) on 1 and 5. The rest hole outs from 100+.

That’s my career nine. 7 eagles and 2 birdies aggragate.

If I can get 2 tomorrow it will put me a quarter of the way there. I'll believe it's possible if I'm still ahead of schedule at the halfway mark.

How many thousand was your goal? Lol!

You and I play a different game. We both hit the ball. You make it do what you want it to do. I just hit it and go, lol.

👊

At least 1 a round . But aiming for 2-3

My goal is to have 75 rounds and I want to average at least two per round. So, let’s say 150 birdies. So far, I only have 12 birdies in 8 rounds, so I need to pick up the pace.

number is tough since one month could get crazy and only yield 2 rounds, so I prefer to try and birdie every hole on my home course through the season. I was able to do it twice on a local muni, but my regular course which is a wee bit harder, I have only managed to birdie 6 of the holes.

I just want to make 1. We can reevaluate after that.

1 birdie in 2021 would be more than I had all of 2020! :cautious: Hoping that all my off-season practice pays off to help the handicap and give me more looks at birdie putts. 5 sounds like a reasonable goal for myself. Baby steps!

All of them...

At least 1 a round . But aiming for 2-3
Your response makes me want to ask a question or two. As a 15 hdcp (which is what you show) is it possible to make 2 or 3 birdies a round on avg? I float around the 11, 12 ,13 hdcp number and i make 0.7 birdies per round; i'm simply "not good enough" to make 2 or 3 birdies per round on avg. I really want to but its just not in the cards for someone with my game. To me someone that is making 2 or 3 birdies per round is a low single digit hdcp. Am i wrong?

Last edited:
Your response makes me want to ask a question or two. As a 15 hdcp (which is what you show) is it possible to make 2 or 3 birdies a round on avg? I float around the 11, 12 ,13 hdcp number and i make 0.7 birdies per round; i'm simply "not good enough" to make 2 or 3 birdies per round on avg. I really want to but its just not in the cards for someone with my game. To me someone that is making 2 or 3 birdies per round is a low single digit hdcp. Am i wrong?
Well my game is very streaky. Depending on conditions and my swing that day. I’ve had 3 birdies but also 5 double bogeys and 2 quads in the same round . My tee game is my weakness mostly once I figure that out I can be back to a single digit handicap

Last edited:
So I said 150 based on 100 rounds...Rolled into Hilton Head and had 7 in 6 rounds. I need to pick up the pace. Ha

Up to eight in three rounds. Good pace and hopefully I can keep it up!

Back