How many fellow plumb bobbers out there?

Besides, he asked a question...people are going to answer yes or no and explain why. Not sure what he expected to get in terms of responses...
And what question are you referring to? The one where I asked "fellow" plumb bobbers to reach out? Where in my original topic did I ask everyone's opinion of the PB?

Look, I'm really not upset about the responses, what bothers me are the inferences.

If you started a thread that said " How many fellow mizuno mp 15 players out there"

Then you get repeated responses that infer that those club's suck, that club x is a better club, how can anyone play those club's, etc. Yes, they are opinions, but all you really want to know is who plays these club's.

And what question are you referring to? The one where I asked "fellow" plumb bobbers to reach out? Where in my original topic did I ask everyone's opinion of the PB?

Look, I'm really not upset about the responses, what bothers me are the inferences.

If you started a thread that said " How many fellow mizuno mp 15 players out there"

Then you get repeated responses that infer that those club's suck, that club x is a better club, how can anyone play those club's, etc. Yes, they are opinions, but all you really want to know is who plays these club's.

One more comment that's a bit OT. I've been a participant in various discussion forums for nearly 20 years, from gaming to golf to photography to cooking. I've found that if you don't want to see comments you don't like, you don't open a topic. I've gotten lots of negative responses over the years. It's just what happens. If that is going to bother you, then you have unrealistic expectations. You see those unexpected comments as negative just because they don't agree with you, and they don't follow your lead directly. I just see it as a healthy discussion and don't get too excited about it one way or the other.

Unless a thread is policed with an iron fist (which can lead to a really boring forum), discussions wander, just as they do in real life. Haven't you ever been in a bull session, made a statement, and three comments later the discussion has veered to something totally unrelated to your statement? Sure, it's frustrating if you really wanted to continue to follow up your comment, but it really makes things more friendly to just continue along with the new direction rather than trying to force others into your fixed path.

Such wandering isn't usually as bad as all that in forum discussions because the moderators will usually steer things back on topic if they stray too far. This one hasn't really diverged that much, a few posters just added some related comments that you weren't expecting. To me, that's what makes a dynamic and interesting debate.

Let's keep this to the topic at hand please. If you want to discuss moderators or message board activities, we have spots for that on the forum.

Back