How many of these shot shapes can you perform?

I could maybe hit all those shapes on a good day but I'm normally varying flight more than shape. I don't often try anything other than a 10-15 yard draw or cut off the tee. Most of my iron shots I won't move right or left more that 5-6 yards.

All of them, at any given time, not on purpose!

Intentionally? Some.
Unintentionally? All.

I have hit all of them, but usually unintended. 3/6 is usually shot depending on club. Would like to get 7 as my stock shot.

all, and probably some not included like a stab wedge for example

Fade and I can hook or slice a ball out of the woods like it's my job.

1, 9, 2, 8, are my mistake shots. Doesn't happen very often but they show up. The rest I can play when I want.

I've seen this chart many times. I'm sure I've hit them all at one time or another, mostly by accident probably. Can usually pull off a few on demand, but prefer to just hit straight if possible.

I realize all of these are options based on swing and club direction, but are they all shots people need to have? Don't think I've ever thought that I need to hit a pull or a push draw, etc. Sure they happen, but definitely never by design. If I want to hit a ball straight and a bit to the left, I'll just aim that way. Have never thought that I wanted to specifically hit a pull.

3, 5, and 6 are the most common with the occasional 2 or 9 creeping in. As far as doing any of it in purpose...that's out of the question. I'm always trying to to hit it straight, and aiming to compensate for a straight fade (which is what I most commonly get).

all of them but never on purpose...except for a slice, used to be able to do that on command.

I've seen this chart many times. I'm sure I've hit them all at one time or another, mostly by accident probably. Can usually pull off a few on demand, but prefer to just hit straight if possible.

I realize all of these are options based on swing and club direction, but are they all shots people need to have? Don't think I've ever thought that I need to hit a pull or a push draw, etc. Sure they happen, but definitely never by design. If I want to hit a ball straight and a bit to the left, I'll just aim that way. Have never thought that I wanted to specifically hit a pull.
Say someone is over the top and just cant fix their path but need to hit a straight ball. Much easier to aim a few degrees right take your normal over the top swing but close the club a touch to get the path and face aligned so it looks straight but is really a straight pull while aiming right.

With a push draw if someone is coming way from the inside and play for the club face to be square to the target line the ball will be moving a ton left, more than you might want so opening the club face a bit with out changing the path makes it much more of a controlled draw.

Those are just my opinions though.

1, 9, 2, 8, are my mistake shots. Doesn't happen very often but they show up. The rest I can play when I want.

Yeah, same here. I don't really see 2 and 8 as viable shots but just mistakes. 1 and 9 could be used for something i guess like a big slice or hook around a tree. But I don't see a straight push or pull as an on purpose shot at all.

How many of the following shot shapes can you perform?

Which ones do you wish you had at your disposal?

Which shot is the one you're most likely to hit?

c672f79bf5400af60558db1ca3895d74.jpg

I can do better than that...... I can do this
:D

lines_zpsjuxtwdbm.png

Cause Im just that good :D

Back