How many shots???

RNG

Reaction score
Handicap
Ok, how many good shots does it take before you have confidence that today will be a good day as compared to the dreaded other?

For me it doesn't take long to know probably in the 2-3 range...how about you??

Ok, how many good shots does it take before you have confidence that today will be a good day as compared to the dreaded other?

For me it doesn't take long to know probably in the 2-3 range...how about you??

Usually a few holes. I'll have those days where I hit it bad for 2-3 holes and will still come away with pars but know I'm on borrowed time. Conversely you have the days where you are striking it well but the score doesn't match the quality - those days generally work out better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Usually a couple of holes. It's hard for me to say one way or the other on the range.

i hold out judgment until being on the course. i've had plenty of rounds striping it on the range then pooping myself on the course, and vice versa.

i hold out judgment until being on the course. i've had plenty of rounds striping it on the range then pooping myself on the course, and vice versa.

Exactly this. There is a lot of inconsistency for me from the range to the course.

Also, I try to think I can turn around a bad round at least until the turn. On the outside I'm very surface I'm very critical of myself, but I also have belief that one good swing can get me back into the round.

I try not to even think about it, I have gone 45 front, 37 back before. It just happens.

For me it is how ever many strokes it takes to finish the round. I'm capable of imploding at any moment...including 60 yards from the 18th green. Seriously...I blew a personal best once by depositing two in water behind the 18th green from 60 yards out.

For me it seems to be the range that is the factor. If I can't seem to hit a ball to save my life on the range, I typically go out and shoot a decent round. But if I am killing it on the range, it seems to always fall apart on the course. Strange but true.

One. One good swing and shot early, and my mind is set.

As a mid-handicapper I don't take anything for granted as my swing could take a break at any point during the round

If I start well and it seems to keep going then I will try and keep the rhythm and tempo going for as long as possible

How many shots before I have confidence? Are we talking Jagermeister or Tequila?

I try not to even think about it, I have gone 45 front, 37 back before. It just happens.

Or the other way! Great front nine, then it all blows up around hole 11.

If I'm more than 2 over after 3 holes then it's going to be tough to recover!

If I make the putt on the first hole that is within 20 feet I know it's going to be a good day. Otherwise, crap.

3 bad shots and 1 great putt equals par. Putting in SOOOOOOOO underrated.

If I make the putt on the first hole that is within 20 feet I know it's going to be a good day. Otherwise, crap.

3 bad shots and 1 great putt equals par. Putting in SOOOOOOOO underrated.
You base it on if you make or don't make a 19 footer? Heck I can putt great all day and not make anything that long!

if I,m at the golf course, it'll be a good day, so I get that confidence as I get to the parking

Like how many licks to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop?

I feel it when I'm on course. Then I see the results.

I've got a great range game!

I can't really say one way or another. Case in point, a few days ago I didn't have time to hit the range but I started off with two easy pars, then went Double, Double. Then settled down again. So I can think that I'm going to have a good day after a few swings of the club & the first few holes .... but that's not always the case.

What I do on the range before a round is just getting loose and has no impact on my mind set on the course.

For me I never know until I am done. I have started out horrible just to bounce back with a great second nine and I have shot even par going to the back just to end up 12 over...

Second hole. I'm usually on the 1st tee minutes after I arrive. We are the weekend dew sweepers 1st off. 1st hole can go in any direction depending on how I feel, but I settle down on the 2nd tee.

I feel like I know after the first hole or two.

It usually takes me about 4-5 with a couple of different clubs to know how the day will go. I'll hit a few wedges, 7-iron, and then Driver. After that I'll know for sure.

Back