How much beer can you drink and still play golf?

No more than 3 to 4 unless it's a scramble and I have a DD.

2-3 beers is a god spot two be.

I will drink . My game sucks hard enough without clouding my judgement.

4-6 is both probably my average and my sweet spot, but I played out of my mind in a scramble (gross only -4 score, two man scramble w/ two 20+ handicappers, 4th place finish) 10-12 Coors Lights and a double Red Bull and vodka deep. I honestly don't usually even notice a buzz until 4+ beers.

It also amazes me how some people can consume as much beer as they do on the course and still be able to hit a ball. And how those same people make it home in one piece after leaving the course. Working at a course, I am shocked about how many empty beer cans and or bottles are on some of the carts when they are turned in.

I rarely drink any alcohol while playing. On the rare occasions when I do, I would not go over 3 beers during the course of the round.

A six pack over 18 but I can smoke a bunch of pot.

Had to playing in the groups I used to.

I answered this earlier without reading the whole question.

if you’re remove the quality requirement there is actually no limit to amount of beers I could drink and still play golf

I find that 2 beers is that magic number to loosen me up. I thought it was 2 beers per 9, but #'s 3 and/or 4 send my game into a mini spiral.

Like, 1 at the most 😂

I usually don't drink alcohol while playing anymore but used to have a beer or two if I was really stinking it up. As far a the club being liable if they drank
that much and had an accident on the way home, in Minnesota (and I'm sure most states) they could be sued if they served a person already under the influence
more alcohol. In my younger years I managed two liquor establishments and knew of a liquor store that got into trouble when a husband and wife were drinking
in the store and the husband got drunk. They fought about it and the bar cut the obviously drunk husband off. The wife ordered another beer and was served. She
didn't end up drinking it and left it set on the bar but the husband grabbed it and drank it. She drove him home and they argued further. The husband got PO'd
and got in the car and drove off. He ended up crashing into another car, killing the driver. They and the liquor store were sued and the liquor store ended up paying
a big amount. Not only that, the lawyers went back and found that the couple had also been in two other liquor establishments drinking prior to coming into the
establishment in question. They also ended up paying a quite a bit of money in the law suit.

Just popping in to get an idea of who I might see at a meeting some day.

Just popping in to get an idea of who I might see at a meeting some day.

We're all losing to the guy that downed 9 jack and cokes in a 8:15 round. That guy is like the Pat Mahomes of drinking during golf.

How many can I drink and play golf? Play well? None.
Beer hits me in the absolute worst way.
Mixed drinks, maybe 2 or 3. But I honestly prefer the drinks after the round.

During the summer it is not worth finding out. I would generally just prefer Jack and gingers though.

The more the better.

The good shots start somewhere between the second or third beer.

Never on a league. Up at the cottage I have been known to tip a few while playing with my kids as long as there is a designated driver. I may actually play better after two, it frees up the spine. Any more than 2 per side and things start to go a bit askew.

Maybe drinking while playing is what's missing in my golf game...

I don’t know about beer, but we used to get away with a bottle of Crown and 2 liter of Mountain Dew in the basket.

Ooof, rough days.

I've been on an IPA kick for a while. USually I load up my bag with 6 IPA ~6.5% I split those with my friend, we usually go toe to toe the front 9, 3 a piece. Sometimes we may grab a 4th. On the back I usually slow down I love that sweet spot of 3 - 4. Usually nurse number 4 or 5 the rest of the round and then hit the club house and have another.

I prepare for a round by being well stocked, if the pace is good I don’t come close to finishing them. If the round is agonizingly slow I’m glad I have a couple extra beers.

It’s not the beer I worry about. It’s the @Canadan rum heavy hand.

Back