How much do you spend on equipment? Best deal?

I buy used from a few reputable online retailers (Callaway preowned, Global Golf, etc...). I usually trade in clubs that I don't use any more.

I look for deals. Buy used or a couple of releases older. Still get great stuff.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

$60 for an r15 driver was a pretty good deal. Probably my best was $40 for a Scotty X5

WHY?? Why did someone sell you an X5 for $40. I hate you.

Pretty good deal this year. $34.95 and a whole new bag. :D

Yeah the golf gods really smiled on me this year. I guess patience was a virtue in this case. It's funny because I found my way to this site when trying to price out a new iron set, sure have come a long way. It's been a very humbling experience to say the least.

Yeah the golf gods really smiled on me this year. I guess patience was a virtue in this case. It's funny because I found my way to this site when trying to price out a new iron set, sure have come a long way. It's been a very humbling experience to say the least.

You're going to the Grandaddy and you joined in January? Yea, I hate you too! Lol

EDIT: Sad thing is... You've literally contributed 500 times more than me, and I've been a member for 4 months longer than you... I got to step up to the plate.

I'm cheap. I wait on price drops on new clubs, or go with like new but used, and never from eBay. This is the first year in my life, I played the same clubs all year and bought nothing (in 45 years), with no plans of buying anything soon. I played pretty well with what I have this year.

Hoosier... for being a guy that flies that Cubs banner, you sure do have a bunch of Cleveland items above it. Lol

My best deal was a like new R11s Driver for $80.

Most expensive purchase was my Scotty putter.

This year I have spent about $750 on equipment. That is if you don't count any trades and etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only new stuff I have purchased was through an industry partners deal where I paid 50% off the listed price. It was around $1500 but included a set of 8 irons, 3 wedges, a 3 wood, and driver plus a glove, hat, and some golf balls.

But generally I buy "like new" used equipment with a lot coming from 2nd Swing.

I may pay full price for an M1 driver just because the shaft(s) that would work best for me are hard to find second hand right now. The few M1's I have found with shafts that would work for me are only $50 less than full retail right now. And I'm afraid with all the turmoil TM has had and their changes in inventory management that they won't keep many once the next driver is released.

You're going to the Grandaddy and you joined in January? Yea, I hate you too! Lol

EDIT: Sad thing is... You've literally contributed 500 times more than me, and I've been a member for 4 months longer than you... I got to step up to the plate.

Admittance into #TheGrandaddy pays no attention to seniority, see me for prime example. And trust me, if you were blessed with the opportunity, your participation would sky rocket. I encourage you to be here as much as you can, but post counts weren't a factor to my luck.

Admittance into #TheGrandaddy pays no attention to seniority, see me for prime example. And trust me, if you were blessed with the opportunity, your participation would sky rocket. I encourage you to be here as much as you can, but post counts weren't a factor to my luck.

Ah I know they don't. Being selected is purely an honor, and I have no hard feelings. Just a bit of envy. I hope you enjoy it as much as all the previous members have. Takes lots of photos and keep us updated!!

Ah I know they don't. Being selected is purely an honor, and I have no hard feelings. Just a bit of envy. I hope you enjoy it as much as all the previous members have. Takes lots of photos and keep us updated!!

I have a feeling we take another step forward with Live updating this year. Have a couple new ideas in mind.

Retail prices on new equipment is so out of reach for many golfers IMO.
$400-$500 for a single club and sets of irons over a grand...not a lot of people are willing to pay it, let alone afford it.

I've never paid even $100 for a single club and the most I've paid for a set of Irons is $250 and that was an impulse buy that I regretted.

My best deal was also my biggest regret. I found a mint TM R1 black driver for $35 at Golfsmith. Had to be mismarksd as eBay was still selling for $100+. Anyhow my brother was losing some serious yardage after going from an r9 to a Fly Z XL driver (bad fit for him). Gave him the R1 and he went from 230 yd drives to 260-300. He even drove a par 4 312 yd hole last time we played. Hence the regret part lol. He waxed me for the first time in 3 yrs

Most I have ever spent on a club was $250 for an r11s back a few years ago.

I just traded one of those in today...got $20 in store credit for it.

Retail prices on new equipment is so out of reach for many golfers IMO.
$400-$500 for a single club and sets of irons over a grand...not a lot of people are willing to pay it, let alone afford it.

I've never paid even $100 for a single club and the most I've paid for a set of Irons is $250 and that was an impulse buy that I regretted.

The cost of drivers was $400 or so 2 decades ago as well. If you took inflation into the mix, they would actually be much higher than they are now.

This is from THP Throwback Thursday. Here is the Wilson Whale original price list. See the Titanium head at $495

1094469280_qjtHH-X3-1.jpg

The cost of drivers was $400 or so 2 decades ago as well. If you took inflation into the mix, they would actually be much higher than they are now.
True I suppose, but wouldn't have spent that kind of money then or now.

I would totally spend that money if the club were best for my game, but I would still try to save a few bucks if possible by trying to find used and I would take my time.

When I got my irons, I wasn't expecting to get them for the price I did, but I threw a best offer out on eBay from a reputable shop, and they took it, which saved me $100.00 off their asking price for them used, so I ended up spending that same $100 savings with the same seller for a couple more clubs.

I would have no issue however buying retail as long as I was comfortable paying that price

Best deal to date has been my gauge designs 10th ani putter. found it in a store that was closing down and paid $95 for it. can't believe it to this day

Really depends, but I hate paying full price for clubs. Of course $35 has gotten me some really great gear

My best deal would probably be either my irons or my nice shoes. Irons were used from our pro for $100, less than a year after they came out. My Puma Titans I got 2 weeks after they came out for $35. No clue how that happened.

My most expensive purchase was my THP marketplace driver for $250. It terrified me to spend that on a club I'd never hit, but it paid off. I consider it a great purchase.

The most I've spent besides a new set of irons was $275 for the Queen B. I don't regret it. It's a nice putter that works well in my hands!

Back