How Much Tour Golf Do You Watch?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Every week? Just the majors? How much do you watch and follow?

I watch weekly and enjoy as much as I can. Sadly, I can’t ever get full coverage!

Last year not much. This year I have watched the last 3 weeks. Will probably skip this week. Usually 15 weeks or so through the year.

Very little. I'm just not much of a "watching others play sports" guy.

I watch almost every week...at least pieces of each tournament.

I’m not going out of my way except for majors. Even then I’m probably only going out of my way for the back 9 of the 4th round if it’s close. That being said if I am home and doing nothing I tend to have sports on in the background and golf will be towards the top of the list.

I watch most weeks, but even majors don’t get in the way of family time or a going out to play a round.

I'd say I watch 60% of tournaments, Thursday and Sunday for the most part. Usually it's the field that drives me to watch but sometimes I just want to watch golf while I work.

I watch almost every week...at least pieces of each tournament.

Same. Usually about 3 hours a week if I had to guess. Just not all 3 in a row. Sometime late night re-runs. Usually a little on Saturday & Sunday depending on the weather.

Edit: The Masters and The Open don’t count. I’ll watch every second if I can. And re-runs.

Usually depends on who is playing. If Tiger is in the field, I’m watching. I’ll watch the Saturday and Sunday coverage of tournaments that have strong fields, and as much coverage as I can of the majors.

I watch bits and pieces of every tournament. I do a lot of catching up via clips on social. Then I'll try to catch the last hour or two on Sunday.

I watch most tournaments, but how much I watch depends on who is leading (getting the most air time).

Besides a little here and there, I primarily just watch the men's and women's majors. Watch more non-major LPGA than PGA. Have yet to watch any LIV.

I usually will watch every final LIV round after it airs and will watch the highlights of the other rounds. Pretty much the same for the PGAT as well. The four majors and The Players are the only events I’ll literally watch the entire thing if possible.

The Masters is the big one though, I took a whole week off of work for it (I work Wednesday- Saturday nights). I’ll watch the entire event.

I used to watch wayyyyy more than I do now. Featured groups play a large roll for me on Thursday and Friday (and if they are even in the hunt come Friday). Weekends are hit or miss depending on how much free time I have and who is leading/chasing. I've watched few tournaments all weekend but I really don't watch as much as I'd like to.

Very little except for the majors and anytime Rory or Tiger are in contention. I play golf on the weekends, not watch it. Even when the big dogs are hunting I mainly keep track on my phone or catch a few holes in the clubhouse pre/post round.

I enjoy it and watch every week. I dont watch every round 100% but usually catch at least an hour of each if possible.

I watch almost every event. I don’t watch all of every event but I watch some of every event.

I try to watch most weeks as long as it’s a decent field. I take a break after the tour championship until February

I am usually following the leaderboard during most tournaments just on my phone, but not really watching. The majors are the only tournaments where I'll watch on TV rounds being played on Thur-Sat. On Sundays, I'm definitely watching majors on tv and occasionally I'm watching other tournaments.

PGAT 80%
LIV 100%
DPWT 70%
LPGA 85%
LET 65%
ASIAN 60%

I also play 4x a week and way to much time on THP.

Never live, with the exception of The Masters. Just so much going on with the family don’t have time to block off weekends to watch. I do watch recorded sometimes before bed, but usually end up falling asleep pretty quickly.

I watch a bit of nearly every tournament. There are some I put more couch time in to than others for sure though

I like to watch most weeks. Will record on the weekends if I’m playing. Would watch more during work on Thursday and Friday if it was free but most weeks it’s not

Back