How often do you change the shafts in your irons?

The only time I have changed shafts is when I have changed irons

i usually end up with new irons before i think of changing the shafts BUT i might consider going with a graphite shaft and keeping my irons. i just bought the callaway steelheads 2 years ago and like them a lot.

I have a set of Bridgestone J15 DPF

I change the shafts in them every year.

Started with TT DG Pros

Swapped those out for TT DG AMT White

Moved on from those into KBS Tour 105s

Back into some TT goodness with the Elevate Tours

How often/many times do you change the shafts in your irons?

You crazy.

I've changed my iron shafts once. From stock to Recoils. They will not be changed again :)

Usually end up switching sets. Similar shafts in those irons

I've done it twice...like ever. So I believe the correct answer is not enough.

You crazy.

I've changed my iron shafts once. From stock to Recoils. They will not be changed again :)

I've also had other irons - I like to tinker and the J15 head is the best head I've ever gamed

I've also had other irons - I like to tinker and the J15 head is the best head I've ever gamed

I wont lie, if I had steel (easier to remove), I might have switched a few times. Since I've become more proficient at club making, I've had those recoils in, and don't want to ruin them taking them out haha

I wont lie, if I had steel (easier to remove), I might have switched a few times. Since I've become more proficient at club making, I've had those recoils in, and don't want to ruin them taking them out haha

Understand that, I've only played around with steal - having had graphite fail after pulling, that's no good

That has been the one constant the last 3 years, no shaft changes, stay with Recoils.

I have never changed out shafts but one of my friends and I are getting the itch to tinker a bit with some clubs since we both have way too many. Is it difficult to start swapping shafts or at least learning how to?

Irons get changed out well before I get the urge to change the shafts. In fact, if I want to try different shafts, usually it means I am changing out my irons. I cannot do the work myself and when paying to reshaft an entire set, it really adds a lot of cost to the project.

In my favorite set of irons.... once when I turned 52. And once when I turned 65.
The other time in this set was when I just got out of surgery.

For all the other sets, I basically left the original shaft in them. So I'll have an excuse to get another set of irons when I wish to try a different shaft.

I have only used irons with the shafts from purchase. I have tried different driver shafts with the same head.

I am strongly considering putting different shafts in my current irons. I want to explore graphite. This winter feels like a good window to do that. A new experience awaits, assuming I can figure out what to try.

Once a month or every 5 rounds whichever is sooner

Never, but I’ve rechecked the fitting several times to see if there was a need.

Be like Flado and pull those keeper shafts for the new heads. Faldo kept his fav shafts through 7 sets of heads, during his winning career. If it works keep it!

Depending on what shafts you install replacing shafts could get quite expensive. If so, it might be worth doing a cost/benefit analysis to determine if purchasing new irons might be the wiser course of action.

I have never changed shafts in my irons, and some sets I've had for 10+ years.

Tuesday will be my first (potential) shaft change in 3 years for my irons and I’m actually really excited for it!

I've never swapped shafts in any clubs that I have owned.

I have never changed the shafts of any of my clubs. That is, unless one was damaged.

I have had a few.where the shaft became loose at the hosel. Even then I just cleaned, and reinstalled the old shaft back on the club head..

Grips yes, every 18 months, or as needed.

Never occurred to me that shafts might need to be changed out.

Trying another set of shafts right now. Right now more ballspeed, more height, and way more spin.

Hey, you're active on a golf forum, at the least you should be considering is to do some minor golf club maintenance and work.
Usually the beginners start with changing grips, then progress to changing steel shafts and then graphite shafts.
It's not difficult , unlike pulling shafts from persimmon heads with back hosel pin/screw and shaft tip screw , sole plate, face insert .........
Change the shafts with meaningful purpose, not just because there is a new shaft available , or new graphic on the golf shafts.......
I had changed iron shafts maybe 4 times with the dozen sets I have. The 4 times I changes the shafts were because of one time was post arm and elbow surgery, I wanted to try a graphite shaft. The other times were trying to see if a light weight shaft will make any difference to my golf game.
As for the driver shafts ? Changed it X times from the time with the fixed hosel to adapters......... I must say that I like the interchangeable hosel adapter, where no need to pull the shaft to change shaft. Adding an adapter is way easier than pulling the old shaft and installing the new one.

I've never been shafted.

I am swapping my iron shafts out as soon as I get back from vaca in SC. Out goes the ProjectX 6.5 and in goes the Oban CT125's

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

Back