How often do you go to the range?

I'm so blessed. I have roughly 150 yards of runway behind my house. I chip with real balls and pitch with real balls about every other day. During these sessions I hit irons and driver using Birdie balls. Has really let me refine and improve my swing during this lockdown. The best aspect is that I can chip/pitch 20 balls and make 36 full swings faster then my drive time to and from the range.

I hardly practice ever. I show up about 30 minutes before my round, pay, make some putts, chips, and a few swings with the Orange Whip, and then I'm off. Just reading my post has been an eye opener for me because I really want to play better golf, but I don't do anything to get there, or at least I don't do enough.

An actual driving range? Maybe 2-3 times a month. 80 balls each time max. Usually swing just my driver, and 3-7 fairway woods.

In comparison, I'm usually at the short game area 15-20 times a month.

About 15% of the amount that I used to. During the season when I played 80 rounds I warmed up at the range for about 10 minutes for maybe 50 of those rounds. Other than that I had maybe a dozen range sessions in 7 months. For many decades I had more than a dozen range sessions each month for a few months in the spring.

zero lately or since 28SEP.... but that will change in the next few weeks.... half swings coming!

I had gotten away from regular range time and playing more. But I got way out of sync recently, so I’ve been to the range twice this week. Today was a really good session. Focusing on relaxed deliberate swings and alignment.

Everyday for probably 2 hours, this includes putting and chipping green.

Once a week since the pandemic started. But I play at least once a week also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I definitely went more this spring when I was still working the kinks out of my offseason driver swing retool. It seems like I never go now, but it actually works out to about once a month. Mostly to work on something that hasn't been getting used on course, tune up/dial in wedges, or fix an alignment issue that has crept in.

I’ve gone twice in the last 6 months...and it shows

Maybe once a season and then I remember why I never go and don't return until that 1 time next season.

Some comments in the threads have me wondering how often and how long people go to the range. I personally enjoy practicing and trying to improve my swing, so I like the range time. I don't always have space for it in the week but I find it easier to go to and less of a time commitment than a round or even 9 holes.

I generally go to the range 2x a week on average (1 of which is a lesson) and try to play a round every week or two at most. Do you go to the range? If so how frequently?
Before every round. Plus once a week

I never go to the range, but I practice a lot on the course.

I go a couple times each week. The membership at my local muni only 2 miles from my house is only $32 per month and includes unlimited range balls. It basically pays for itself with 3 buckets of balls per month. I'll hit 3-4 large buckets over a few visits each week, and then I'll usually hit a small bucket to warm up before each round wherever I'm playing.

Once, maybe twice a week? Was there yesterday for 2 hours and made the most of it, which was nice.

This year I have not gone to the range once unless it was before a round. I need to make this a must next year.

Warm up on the range before league games and sometimes before a regular game, but not all that often. I used to think it helped but now my scores don't seem to reflect that extra range time has helped me a ton. If I am off a bit it only last a hole or two and then I am back to my bad golf game :cool:

Anymore i will get to the course about an hour before playing and warm up on the range, just going to the range, not much

A couple times a month.

In season I go a couple times a week. I hit 20-40 balls each time, then work on my short game.

I also hit SW and GW in the side yard and maybe 10-15 drivers into my net other days.

I'd say I hit some shots 5-6 days every week during the season.

My game is so bad after several years of layoff that I'm going nearly every day to the range. Knowing I could once get close with my irons is making me crazy with what's happening now.

Back