How often do you see a Ranger/Marshall?

Wow,, they are quite common, especially when I am out. Maybe I need to stop clogging up the course toilets with the clubhouse Burrito Especial!

I normally play off peak hours so I don't run into issues requiring a ranger. But when I do play during peak hours I always see a ranger at least once and they always ask if the group in front of me is keeping up the pace.

I normally play off peak hours so I don't run into issues requiring a ranger. But when I do play during peak hours I always see a ranger at least once and they always ask if the group in front of me is keeping up the pace.

Sorry, if he's asking YOU, then he isn't doing his/her job. A Ranger is there to keep the pace up and find the trouble spots. I like to think that if the Ranger comes WITH the flow of play -1,2,3, etc... then he's doing it wrong. Rangers/Marshalls should be rotating against the grain- 18,17,16, etc... Then they can easily see the gaps opening and who is causing it.

As I kind of brought up in another post- I'd rather NOT see any Rangers being too obvious out there. IF they can keep the flow by being low key and as unobtrusive as possible, all the better.

Sorry, if he's asking YOU, then he isn't doing his/her job. A Ranger is there to keep the pace up and find the trouble spots. I like to think that if the Ranger comes WITH the flow of play -1,2,3, etc... then he's doing it wrong. Rangers/Marshalls should be rotating against the grain- 18,17,16, etc... Then they can easily see the gaps opening and who is causing it.

As I kind of brought up in another post- I'd rather NOT see any Rangers being too obvious out there. IF they can keep the flow by being low key and as unobtrusive as possible, all the better.

I don't see anything wrong with a little friendly question on the course from them. Most courses you don't even see a ranger ever.

I rarely do at my home course, unless some of the more irritated golfers call the pro shop and the pro or assistant pro start driving around monitoring!!!

i never see rangers when i need them. I did get into it with a ranger last year having a fun round with the guys, at the turn we went in to have a hotdog and a beer, and told the group behind us to go ahead and go ahead of us, we get to the 10th green and up comes the ranger yelling at us for letting the other group go by. I politely told him i didnt appreciate his tone, and this was a public course, on a slow sunday afternoon and no one was being held up. He continued to try and push his weight around, and which point i called the clubhouse pro, who is my friends dad, and told him to reign his moron in, 3 seconds after i got off the phone rangers radio crackled telling him to get his ass to the club house, apparently this wasnt the first time it had happend with this guy.

Never seen one where I play. My old club used to discount a guys membership to get him to drive around for a few hours at busy times...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I saw one about every 3-4 holes today. They were out in full force today. Or maybe it was just this particular course (first time playing there).

Only time rangers ( pro shop guys that grab a cart and run out on the course) are seen is after people complain at the turn and they check tee off times. Then they go out on back nine and play ranger

Back