How old are the grips on your clubs?

I wipe my clubs and grips down after each round so I usually get a couple years out of them. Like someone said above, I buy 3 extra at the start and replace as needed until it's time to do the whole set.

My grips were changed back in August as I felt my MCC plus4 grips were too thick on the lower hand. Changed to MCC Align and went down to 2 wraps on lower hand only and feels a little better and not as fat. Only have a couple rounds on them so these might be on for awhile now.

Regrip once a year.

My grips are brand spanking new right now, I mean 3 rounds old

Yeah, but your clubs are brand new, too. :ROFLMAO:

Irons are 2 1/2 years and getting replaced this spring. Woods and wedges were done last year.

from the looks of the ones on my set of burners, too friggin' old.

I’m closing in on 12 months , it’s time to regrip the set.

My G25 grips are probably about 2-3 years old. I play over 75 rounds per year, and they are still VERY usable - they're the stock Ping Midsize grip. Everything else was regripped over the Winter with GP Tour Velvet Plus 4 grips.

About 2 months

When I had Winn grips I had to re-grip just about every year. Now I'm using Golf Pride MCC and can usually last 2 seasons.

When needed but pretty much every year. Of course if you change clubs often enough you don’t need to replace the grips.

New in December. I usually replace every other year or as needed.

Less than a month on my driver, FW, hybrids, and wedges. My irons were brand new in October. All of then are less than 6 months old.

It's remarkable what a little soap & water and light scrubbing with the scrounge side of a dish sponge will do to refresh a grip.

Haha which set?

The set that is bound to become your favorite, the set that will help the team bring back the Cup.

The set that is bound to become your favorite, the set that will help the team bring back the Cup.

You mean the set that had me hit 50% GIR yesterday (yes there were some wedge shots but 🤷‍♂️ )?

I do think that grips with cord in them have a longer life than no cord grips for me

You mean the set that had me hit 50% GIR yesterday (yes there were some wedge shots but 🤷‍♂️ )?

I do think that grips with cord in them have a longer life than no cord grips for me

How many GIRs have you been averaging?

I replace my grips every couple of years. Usually in October. I keep them clean, which helps them to last longer.

They tell me when they need changing....lol

Still have the ones from last year. Didn't play much so should be good.

I replaced my NDMC way faster than the TV I've been using the last couple of regrips.
I feel like Tour Velvet grips need to be changed between the front 9 and the back 9 sometimes. They have gotten better but just aren’t durable enough for my liking.

Probably every two years on average. It is more a feel thing. I check them over pretty carefully when I hit at the range. Any hardening or slipping in my hands and a grip gets changed. I don't usually change out all at once, probably should. Change the grips on the wedges and driver more often than the irons simply because I hit them more often.

My irons are about a season and a half, everything else would be a half season or less. I have grips to put on the irons, just haven't gotten around to doing it yet. I take pretty good care of my grips, clean them pretty thoroughly about every second or third round, so they tend to last really well.

I have a new set of GP CP2 Pro grips on my bench and ready to install. I usually change at least every two years. I used to change them every year but I haven't been playing as much as before.

Back