Votes: 22 8.4%
  • 56-60

Votes: 25 9.5%
  • 61-65

Votes: 28 10.6%
  • 66 or older

Votes: 42 16.0%

• Total voters
Will be 72 in August, still fairly limber and no chronic aches or pains. Age has some advantages. One of the local courses has weekly ABCD scramble and has a "Super Senior" tee box set forward of normal Seniors for +70 players with my ability to hit 200+ yd. drives down the middle provides ability to be a contributing player.

Well, I’ll be darned if it doesn’t look like I am lower than whale ,,,, on the pole at 72. Didn’t see any older. Hit my driver 257 yards (in the fairway) during my fitting a week ago. May not be as good as I once was but I am as good once as I ever was.

I'm 78, decided to make the move to senior shafts. Starting with the driver and going from there to other clubs. Have played senior tees from some time, it has helped make the game enjoyable again.

Last edited:
I'm 78, decided to make the move to sebior shafts. Starting with the driver and going from there to other clubs. Have played senior tees from some time, it has helped make the game enjoyable again.

good for you 1943. At least there are two of us that when someone uses the word cell phone we think they added phones at the local jail..

I fall into the "or older" category. I am 76 and some days I really feel my ago--other days I don't feel a day over 75. I did move to senior shafts and tees this past year and the benefits made for a more enjoyable game.

165 votes and it's a pretty even split in each group above 30; that's interesting but bodes well for parity across the forum.

Lemme see: 1974, so that would make me 48 this year if I did the math correctly

37, but I still get mistaken for being in my early 20s. Guess I got that going for me.

One beeelion years old

But 46….

165 votes and it's a pretty even split in each group above 30; that's interesting but bodes well for parity across the forum.

Lemme see: 1974, so that would make me 48 this year if I did the math correctly
I agree. I was hoping to see this. Obviously we have way more than 165 THP members but cool to see such an even split amongst this small sample.

52 going on 18!
Somedays I feel like I am 80.

My Mom told me that many years ago. She was getting up there and would try to do too much. She would say that her problem was that she was still 19 in her head!

37, but I still get mistaken for being in my early 20s. Guess I got that going for me.

I had that going for a while as well, in my early 50's. People would guess that I was in my late 30's or early 40's. Somewhere along the line that went away!

I skipped to the end but has the old saying I act my shoe size not my age been dropped?

I’ll have to say that I am surprised by the large percentage of 66 or older voters. I will be 68 later this month... and my “perception” has been that this was a site dominated by younger players... (maybe in the 25 to 40 range). And... it still may be - as only a small group of THPers have responded. Would’ve thought that “older guys” would be less responsive on social media. Hey... a little spunk in the old geesers, huh.

I'm 42

60, 1/3 of the way to 61.
My wife says I'm like a 12 year old though.
Some day's its 30 and others it's 70..... ;):oops:

Maybe JB needs to come up with an OLD GUY golfing event? Might take 8 hours to play a round though. :ROFLMAO:

For those that think being 30 is a crisis, you ain’t seen nothin yet. Haha

40. Turned 40 the day I ordered my Morgan Cup equipment. Best birthday present ever.

I’ll have to say that I am surprised by the large percentage of 66 or older voters. I will be 68 later this month... and my “perception” has been that this was a site dominated by younger players... (maybe in the 25 to 40 range). And... it still may be - as only a small group of THPers have responded. Would’ve thought that “older guys” would be less responsive on social media. Hey... a little spunk in the old geesers, huh.
Maybe cause 66+ covers such a wide age range compared to the other choices?
I sure hope folks keep answering. Love seeing the breakdown.

Bump

Back