How soon is too soon to put up Christmas decorations?

a689e760e556c3e1c1bea92024d8c8de.jpg

Thanksgiving weekend has to be the go to. I would just say, don't be "that guy" on the block...

My wife goes all in with the Christmas decorations the day after Thanksgiving

This weekend mine will be going up.

Normally , right after Thanksgiving.
This year we are going to do it the weekend before because my mom will be staying with us over the holiday, and she would really enjoy seeing our decorations.

So i think in 18 years, we've put up a tree twice? I'm kind of a scrooge, and we always have Christmas at someone in the family's house. Bingo bango, no tree, also with no kids, wasn't a huge priority. I always get depressed from cold weather and short afternoons where it's uncomfortable to get outside and play golf or do anything. This year I imagine will be vastly different. Christmas has a whole new meaning. My little boys birthday is Dec 19th! We went from a almost nonexistant Christmas to having a reason to celebrate. Going to be a whole new experience going forward!!

Nope nope nope. Day after thanksgiving is the line in the sand, maybe after dinner on thanksgiving at the absolute earliest if you want to go overboard.

1572913469361.gif

Since my wife and I have had kids, we’ve bought the tree within a day or two after Thanksgiving. Anytime around then seems about right. One of our friends in the neighborhood threatened to put his house lights up the day after Halloween but he chickened out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correction: he put the lights up two days after Halloween. He stands defiant in a hailstorm of withering neighborhood Facebook ridicule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was about to create a thread about this yesterday. So many neighbors were putting up Christmas lights yesterday and my one neighbor put their tree up.
For me typically decorate the week before Thanksgiving as we hold dinner at our house with the family. I would prefer after Thanksgiving however I lose that fight over and over.

We always put up decorations the day after Thanksgiving. If you have a lot of family over for Thanksgiving - and they won't be around for Christmas, then I could see doing it earlier.

I put lights on the house this weekend since it was warmish out and the forecast didn't look good coming up. The rest of the house is the weekend after Thanksgiving.

As long as you don't turn 'em on until after Thanksgiving, that's a pro move. More & more I'm trying to avoid getting up on the roof or a tall ladder.

The lights go up when the company puts them up, but we won’t turn them on until Thanksgiving night

I love Christmas and decorations as much as the next guy, but before Thanksgiving is too early for me. Mine usually go up the day or weekend after depending on weather.

my wife keeps trying to get earlier and earlier every year. anytime after Halloween is acceptable to me now.

Two weeks before Christmas, a lot of work this week.
Working online quite help studnets. These writing websites paper editing include writing/

Earliest is Dec 1.

Back