how to gap my wedges?

tmtitleist411

#covertpondering
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 6.9
Alright, so here's my dilemma. I'm either getting ping S56s (4-pw, pw 46*),Callaway x forged (4-pw, pw 46*), or cobra amp cell pros (4-gw, gw 50*). My problem is my wedges... I have a 2011 vokey in the bag right now at 60* that I absolutely love... And that's the only wedge staying with me past this summer. I currently carry 14 clubs due to my two fairway woods, so to make room for an extra wedge I would probably drop the 910. For the sets above, where would you guys recommend I gap the remaining wedge(ed)? I'm leaning towards a 54* with the ACPs, and a 50* and 54* with the others, but I would love to hear everyones ideas and opinions on the matter. Thanks!

Do you really need 2 fairways so close? I prefer to have more short game options. Keep whatever fairway you hit better and go with an extra wedge.

I would go 50/55/60, and then depending on the gap between 9/pw/50° you might want to bend the pw to 45. And I should add, if I had the money, I'd be buying the X Forged so fast :( If you don't use the 3w much, I'd suggest Pw/50/54/58 and bending the 60 to 62. I personally go 45/50/55/60/64.

Lots of options that may work. If it were me, I'd wait until after I gapped the new irons to figure out the wedges. Once you have your new pw distance (or gw if you go ACP), you'll be able to figure out what to drop between that and your known 60* Vokey.

Id go with a 50/54/58 setup. You could always gets your 60* bent to 58*.

I used to carry 2 fairway woods but decided to drop one for an extra wedge. Best decision i ever made. I now have PW (45) 50. 54 and 58

Lots of options that may work. If it were me, I'd wait until after I gapped the new irons to figure out the wedges. Once you have your new pw distance (or gw if you go ACP), you'll be able to figure out what to drop between that and your known 60* Vokey.

Yup this is the smart thing in my book. Well said.

I used to carry 2 fairway woods but decided to drop one for an extra wedge. Best decision i ever made. I now have PW (45) 50. 54 and 58

This is the same setup I have.

Alright, so here's my dilemma. I'm either getting ping S56s (4-pw, pw 46*),Callaway x forged (4-pw, pw 46*), or cobra amp cell pros (4-gw, gw 50*). My problem is my wedges... I have a 2011 vokey in the bag right now at 60* that I absolutely love... And that's the only wedge staying with me past this summer. I currently carry 14 clubs due to my two fairway woods, so to make room for an extra wedge I would probably drop the 910. For the sets above, where would you guys recommend I gap the remaining wedge(ed)? I'm leaning towards a 54* with the ACPs, and a 50* and 54* with the others, but I would love to hear everyones ideas and opinions on the matter. Thanks!

If set up just like you plan to, it fills the holes in the bottom end of the bag

Just because you say you love the 60 I would say go 50/55/60. I would also wait until you buy the new sticks and get the distances figured out. I was worried when I went from my old irons to the new ones that I would need to change wedge setups. After playing a few rounds I am finding I dont need to make a change.

Bingo!

I am having a similar debate myself.

My pw is 45*
My LW is 60*

So one of the following
49* w/ full grind
49* w/ shelf grind
50* w/ full grind
50* w/ shelf grind

Paired with one of the following
54* w/ heel/toe grind
54* w/ arc grind
55* w/ channel grind

ullman001%20055.jpg

I have 3 of these....still can't hit a ball for **** with any of them....I'll bring one this weekend if Shark will promise to teach me how to hit a ball with it....hahahahaha....the first ever THP MO Invitational sparkplug gapping and feeler gauge chipping contest!!!!

Gapping wedges makes little sense to me, better option would be buying wedges that fulfill your needs, if that means they have nice gaps between them ,,,, that's fine, but if it would mean you end up with a 48, 52 and 60 and they are perfect for you, who cares about logical gaps !

Back