How warm must it be for you to be in shorts?

70, maybe 65 if sunny and not windy.

I'm likely going to be in shorts if it's in the 60's for the day. (y)

Depends on the day around here. It can be 40+ & sunny = short weather or 40+ & cloudy = pants in the spring.

I would say usually 60s unless it is in the 50s and supposed to warm up significantly. Sometimes when it is raining I will wear shorts when it is colder with rain pants on over them.

40* and shorts are on. I have awesome calves so it is pretty much mandatory that I show them off.
I gots me some little chicken legs but killer tan on those bad boys.

40* unless it real windy then we move up to 45* now that being said those of you that know me know that I have a beautiful layer of polar bear fat that keeps me warm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im an upper body kind of guy. So as long as my upper body is warm - I'll wear shorts anytime. Temp doesn't matter. I shoveled snow this AM in shorts.
That's me...have done same...Ha

48-50 if sunny, 58-60 if overcast. I wore jeans less than 5 times over the past 3 years in Mexico; it's the only way to live!

I would say between 60-65. Like shorts much more than pants when playing golf.

Probably mid to high 50's is when I would consider it but I am more comfortable playing in pants. I don't roll with shorts unless it's really hot out

50 * if the wind is down.

I own 2 pairs of golf pants. Is that grammatically correct?

Anyway. I live in Florida. Pants are just for fashion here, or someone wanting to be a traditionalist, which is fine, have at it.

I don't see the need unless it's above room temperature at least. So it has to be creeping towards the mid 70s and be sunny out. I get plenty of time outside in shorts. No need to get eager.

I'll push towards 80 if I'm a guest somewhere.

55 as long as the sun is shining. I may wear a quarter zip to start the round, but once I’m warmed up(a couple holes) then I’m usually comfortable enough with shorts and short sleeves.

That all depends on Sun & wind combo here in the midwest. If it's sunny and not windy and coming off winter I will wear them above 50.

65+ at the start. Below that and it quarter zip weather.

I can tolerate 50 or above if it will be warming up later in the day. If it is going to be 50 all day i am wearing pants!

I don’t even own a pair of trousers out here for golf. Shorts 100% of the time, whatever the weather (it never goes below low 50’s here during the day)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would say anything above 45 degrees, although I was running around in shorts Tuesday and the wind chill was 19 degrees.

probably 40s or 50s, as long as I have a quarter zip. My legs don't really get cold?!?

Those who remember Bill Cosby before he was a pariah will remember his comedy routing about wearing knee high socks playing basketball to hide his skinny legs. I wear long pants at all times for the same reason, but if you want another excuse, my old course had a lot of ticks and poison ivy in the woods, so pants were my protection.

Back