How would you play this hole? Short & Tight

If playing for money, 6 iron and a gap. If just playing, depending on how score is to that point.

That's an awesome looking hole!

5w off the tee and a short iron or wedge into the green looks like the best and smart play for me. I am very comfortable hitting a 5w off the tee.

At 220yds, the quarry wouldn't come into play with driver off the tee, but it looks like the tree line favors a draw more than my fade - initially. If the driver was in control on that day, I'd pull it because I wouldn't want to be pulling a mid-iron for that approach. Can't tell by the satellite, but the photo doesn't indicate much room long and left of the green for a miss.

Utility, wedge.

Staying true to my game, I'm pulling driver. I'm as likely to hit a poor shot trying to play smart with a long iron layup as going with the driver so I'll hope for the best outcome which leaves me in great position close to the green rather than 80-100 away.

Looks like a dream hole for a long fade. Me I hit a short fade so I am going to hit driver and it will still be a layup unless it's super dry and hard, then I might have to hit a 3 wood.

Probably 5W off the tee and a short shot in to the green, the quarry isn't really bothering me mentally on my 2nd.

Couple of 7-irons, a couple of wedges, a couple of putts.

I would go with a 4 hybrid off the tee, leaving a gap wedge into the green and putt out from there. That's how I would draw it up but execution is another thing.

I would probably go with 5 iron or small hybrid off the tee and then wedge to the green.

I'd probably hit a 6-7i off the tee to end up around 100-115 yards out and play a 54 or 49* in.

Looking at the hole and those distances, I would envision an iron followed by whatever club is needed for the remaining distance

Well yesterday I hit a great 5 iron and then bladed a wedge into a tough spot and ended with a double. I could have done that by pounding a driver into the quarry and taking a drop! :facepalm:
E77C9AB2-B7A1-4BEA-87A0-30EE2243825D.jpeg
C4B9E503-002F-4B09-97EC-92459B7C56D7.jpeg1F650B93-6F7D-43D3-BA70-191C134E1933.jpeg

Last edited:
6i, 8i, wedge, 2 putt (hopefully)

I'd probably hit my 2 hybrid (hit a natural draw with it) and it carries about 220. So, take the quarry out of play and might have a less stressful second shot into the green with a wedge.

Bomb a driver into the woods on the right hand side.

Ahhh my kryptonite :ROFLMAO:

I would have a hard time not taking 3-wood (2i if the wind was behind me) and hoping for the best. If I was in competition, maybe a bit smarter... but then again.. where's the fun in that?! Hahah

6i. absolutely too much trouble to play more than that.

6 or 7 iron and try hit the green from there, then hope to 2 putt for par

Back