Hunting - (Warning graphic photos inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a couple Green Wing Teal today and then set a new blind in the marsh. Ready for some cold weather and for the migration to start. 9C15ED2B-0D6B-4318-A7A2-A5D7BC754800.jpeg

Got a couple Green Wing Teal today and then set a new blind in the marsh. Ready for some cold weather and for the migration to start. View attachment 8968714
Wish I had someone nearby to teach me. Always wanted to waterfowl.

Pheasant opener yesterday. It was heavy rains overnight so conditions were tough but Whip got us the first bird of the season.

jUTshwB.jpg

We got my buddies 3-year-old dog out pheasant hunting for the first time in a year and he did well and found two ring-necks for us. It's very strange to be hunting in the snow in October. We had flurries while we hunted and it felt like December. It's hard to see in the photo but he has his right paw up while on point.

gA0O8R8lTzSt0pcq8xJg6Q.jpg

We got my buddies 3-year-old dog out pheasant hunting for the first time in a year and he did well and found two ring-necks for us. It's very strange to be hunting in the snow in October. We had flurries while we hunted and it felt like December. It's hard to see in the photo but he has his right paw up while on point.

View attachment 8970710
hunting with a dog like this is a game changer!

hunting with a dog like this is a game changer!

It's fun watching him work. The older I get the less it is about bagging a limit and the more it is enjoying watching the dog hunt. When he was 15 months old by buddy sent him away for 6 weeks of training and it really paid off.

Had a quick sit this afternoon. Pretty dead, but our property mascot "Derp" came by. Name comes from his goofy antlers.

It's fun watching him work. The older I get the less it is about bagging a limit and the more it is enjoying watching the dog hunt. When he was 15 months old by buddy sent him away for 6 weeks of training and it really paid off.

He looks a lot like my Whip. We're heading out in a few minutes. As soon as he sees me putting on jeans, the excited whining will start!

oewuCgI.jpg

Got a nice limit of birds yesterday morning. then I teed it up for 18 holes in the afternoon and absolutely stunk it up! Lol...anyway, pretty excellent day~

nX6w4uE.jpg
I would love to bird hunt. Did dove a few times, but never pheasant or duck, goose, etc.

on the way home from work I pass an old dump. I don't think it has been in use for a long time and there is even grass going on the covered up trash. I noticed that there is a group of deer, about 5 to 10, I see a lot grazing on the hill. would you shoot and eat one of those deer?

on the way home from work I pass an old dump. I don't think it has been in use for a long time and there is even grass going on the covered up trash. I noticed that there is a group of deer, about 5 to 10, I see a lot grazing on the hill. would you shoot and eat one of those deer?
Sure. They are eating plants, not the stuff from the dump. If you won't, gimme a shout, I will, LOL

Which WMU?

Sure. They are eating plants, not the stuff from the dump. If you won't, gimme a shout, I will, LOL

Which WMU?
but they are eating the grass coming up from the dump.

not sure what WMU, i'm outside of king of prussia. i don't usually hunt this area, we like to get away if we can and go up to tioga or bradford county

but they are eating the grass coming up from the dump.

not sure what WMU, i'm outside of king of prussia. i don't usually hunt this area, we like to get away if we can and go up to tioga or bradford county
I'm lucky, home is on a few acres and no real pressure around me until gun season, and I'm in 5C, so deer is basically open from Sept to end of January.

I'm lucky, home is on a few acres and no real pressure around me until gun season, and I'm in 5C, so deer is basically open from Sept to end of January.
my dad is getting up there so walking for him has been tough. we have gone to a few game lands around us but man are they packed....like dangerously packed. we have gone around shartletsville, by hamburg, the last 2 years, no luck

my dad is getting up there so walking for him has been tough. we have gone to a few game lands around us but man are they packed....like dangerously packed. we have gone around shartletsville, by hamburg, the last 2 years, no luck
:ROFLMAO:

Got a nice limit of birds yesterday morning. then I teed it up for 18 holes in the afternoon and absolutely stunk it up! Lol...anyway, pretty excellent day~

nX6w4uE.jpg

There is a hen in there!!!

There is a hen in there!!!

Yup, stocked birds from a club. We only get to pretend out here in the East so hens are legal. Pheasants can't survive here with predators and a lack of sustaining habitat.

I dream of one day going out to the Dakotas but my job keeps me here all fall long.

Yup, stocked birds from a club. We only get to pretend out here in the East so hens are legal. Pheasants can't survive here with predators and a lack of sustaining habitat.

I dream of one day going out to the Dakotas but my job keeps me here all fall long.

Ok... I figured that was the case but my grandpa's voice sounded very loud in the back of my head..

Ok... I figured that was the case but my grandpa's voice sounded very loud in the back of my head..

Lol! I got that right away. Fact is, if I'm hunting alone, my dog's top notch so I usually let the hens fly anyway just cause I'd rather get roosters.

This past weekend was opening weekend for rifle here in VA and got a decent buck at 155 yards. Having some custom meat processed from it. Always nice to get fresh venison in the freezer. 20201114_164539.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back