I need a good Sand Wedge?

Jimmy The Pins

Reaction score
Handicap
I need a recommendation for a good affordable sand wedge. Any advice?

The Titleist Vokey I have in the FS Marketplace section here.

If you want a Vokey, JB's is a smokin good deal.

If you want a new one, best bang-for-your-buck is the Adams Tom Watson's, IMO. They're a fantastic club for the money, I just bought a set for my brother (early Christmas gift) and he loves them.

Gummi,
Craig Mac and I both used to play those and I enjoyed them. They did not create the spin of the high end wedges, but they worked good and felt great.

JB did just a review on the Nickent Arc Wedge, why not go check those out? I'm sure thats what reviews are for.

JB did just a review on the Nickent Arc Wedge, why not go check those out? I'm sure thats what reviews are for.

I think it might be a little more than "cheap" that he was looking for. I think they are about $90.

Check out Cleavland wedges. I like 'em and I noticed Tim Clark has them in his bag in this month's Golf Magazine. Good value as well.

I need a recommendation for a good affordable sand wedge. Any advice?

SMT, Warrior, or Dimension Z.... you can get one from all three for about $25 each. All very serviceable wedges.

Reactions: JB
Great advice TCT. The Dimension Z wedge that they are giving away (25 handling) is about the best you are ever going to get for that money. It is a fabulous club.

My brother got a mizuno wedge a few months ago for $30. It was used but in great shape. If u don't want to spend a ton but want a good wedge, go the used route and also invest $10 on a groove sharpener

Reactions: JB
Any update on this Jimmy?

I've never tried this wedge, so maybe someone else can chime in, but Golfsmith has the Ben Hogan "Sure Out" wedge (56* or 60*) for $49.99:
http://www.golfsmith.com/browse.php...x=0&image.y=0&Nty=1&Ntx=mode+matchall&Ntk=All

bh1330.jpg

The re-birth of a Ben Hogan classic, the Sure-Out wedge is designed to get out of trouble with ease.

Modeled after the popular Sure-Out wedges of yesteryear but utilizing today's latest technology, the Sure Out wedge provides unmatched confidence and playability to get out of trouble from any lie. Performance that is worthy of its ancestry.

Talking about golf clubs is so objective, everyone is different. Bottom line you could spend $125 on a new sand wedge or $40 on a good used one. It depends on how much time u want to practice to get better. THERE ARE NO SHORTCUTS TO GETTING BETTER AT GOLF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:act-up:

Back