"I work here!!!" - terrible experience at my home course

You handled it well. The guy want to be the first out before 6 am but was pissed when he saw a 4 some out before him and before 6am.

The only thing I dont agree with was you suggesting to the manager that she should give your buddies free drinks to encourage them to play there again after every one from the starter to the manager already apologized. To me that is taking advantage of the situation.

Fair enough. I paid for all four rounds - which means that I would've benefited from a refund of greens fees, so I didn't request one. I thought a beer or two would go a long way towards my buddies coming back and playing another round there with me. If she hadn't put those beers on the house I would've bought them myself.

I see your point though. Thanks for the input.

at my county courses (from what I believe) the head greens keeper (or head of maintenance crew that day) is in touch and I don't believe anyone starts anything without an "ok" from him/them first.

But with that aside, I wouldn't let this one go and here is the reason. Because this idiot kept pushing and pushing even after ample opportunity to let it go. This is something I would take to management even besides the free brewsky's. Imo he really deserves something more like a suspension from work or something. I don't want to hear that "oh well may be he had a bad day" because that doesn't cut it for what he did. To keep coming after it is what bothers me the most. he was wrong, didn't want to hear it and even when you went back he kept still coming. He imo deserves a lot more than to just let it go. He actually deserved to be smacked and this is coming from one (me) who is not confrontational and will often turn the other cheek. But you guys did that already and yet he still wouldn't let it go and did so with a worse attitude even after you went back. Its kind of "teeing" me off just having heard this. I wouldn't drop membership but I would go the extra step (in this case only) to see to it he face consequences of some sort because he really deserves it.

Let it go, the important ones at the courses tried to make it up to you. Mr. I work here though is a complete d-bad.

I don't think its a big deal, I've dealt with a few "workers/cart guys/rangers" that have felt like they rule the world. I'd laugh it off and wonder why they take life so serious.

Nice to see the course recognize the issue and take care of you. I wouldn't think twice about it anymore, just move on. If it happens again, obviously you would need to take more action.

I don't think its a big deal, I've dealt with a few "workers/cart guys/rangers" that have felt like they rule the world. I'd laugh it off and wonder why they take life so serious.

Nice to see the course recognize the issue and take care of you. I wouldn't think twice about it anymore, just move on. If it happens again, obviously you would need to take more action.
If it was a public course I would agree with you. But he's a member and that means something, so I think it is a bigger deal. That said, management acknowledged the problem and apologized so I wouldn't drop the membership or anything.

Needs more pissing on Mr. I Work Here to establish dominance and a healthy dose of Wolf Stare...

theres a lot worse things to be mad over. life's too short and golf's too much fun. water under the bridge.

Should have sprayed him with pepper spray and claimed self defense

I worked at a course for 6 years through college and high school and would never treat members that way. A few did deserve some " adjustments " every now and then but that's about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I caught the manager in the pro shop this afternoon, thanked her for buying the guys a round of beer last week and asked her who Mr. I Work Here was. She says he recently got laid off from his other job and is volunteering at the club for the free golf. Apparently she figured we'd let him play thru since he was a single (she was right; we would've) and asked him to give us a heads-up to watch out for the maintenance guys on his way thru. He took the initiative to read us the riot act on his own. She asked him to explain himself, he made excuses and blamed us, she ended it with "Ok, that's the last time I ask you to do anything." I didn't ask whether he's still volunteering or not.

I caught the manager in the pro shop this afternoon, thanked her for buying the guys a round of beer last week and asked her who Mr. I Work Here was. She says he recently got laid off from his other job and is volunteering at the club for the free golf. Apparently she figured we'd let him play thru since he was a single (she was right; we would've) and asked him to give us a heads-up to watch out for the maintenance guys on his way thru. He took the initiative to read us the riot act on his own. She asked him to explain himself, he made excuses and blamed us, she ended it with "Ok, that's the last time I ask you to do anything." I didn't ask whether he's still volunteering or not.

Sounds like there's a clue as to why this guy got laid off.

Yeah, and maybe a clue as to why he's uptight.

Usually when you run into a guy like that, they are not so much having a bad day, as they are generally a jackass. It's one thing to react to what someone is saying and get caught up in the moment. It's quite another to go looking for it.

I'd just let it go. Bummer that one person was such and a-hole.

Back