Ian Poulter - THE OUTFIT

the more i look at it......the more i hate that shirt....i can survive the rest......but the shirt is VILE!

Its a shirt and a vest. I actually have grown to like both quite a bit.

Love it:clapp:

I like it, on him. Not for everyone, sure, but he pulls it off somehow. I think it's because he qualifies as what they call "cheeky" across the pond.

Nope. Not attractive. At all.

Except the shoes.

The pants are nice, not to into the vest though.

I like the trousers but don't like the top.

I can't help thinking he should be spending more time on the practice ground than dreaming up strange outfits though.

He seems to think he is better than his results show.

I'm a little slow but, it seems to me he is playing golf and making a very comfortable living. How good does he need to be????

i stand corrected...it is the vest i find mingin.....the shirt i cannot see beneath that monstrosity!!

i just cant stand putting flags on clothing....makes it look cheap to me. You should not have to wear a flag if you are truelly a patriot in my opinion. (especialy when it looks THAT BAD! - again....my opinion!)

Paul-

Quick off-topic question:

Is "argument" British for "accident." For example, "He was in a car and got into an argument with a cow."

Paul-

Quick off-topic question:

Is "argument" British for "accident." For example, "He was in a car and got into an argument with a cow."

From my wife: "Does he think we are stupid? We call them accidents! At least where I'm from!" LOL

Double off topic: Congrats on 7,000 Harry.

From my wife: "Does he think we are stupid? We call them accidents! At least where I'm from!" LOL

Double off topic: Congrats on 7,000 Harry.

Oh right! Your better half is a Pom!

Tell her I was watching the streaming coverage of holes 9, 10, 11 earlier today and the announcer said (to the best of my recollection) "Remember Liam (?) Higgins' father did have an [argument] in a car with a horse one day in Ireland which did rather affect his career. Took him out of the game for awhile. I don't think he was ever quite the same after that."

I swear he said argument and not accident.

I swear he said argument and not accident.

Watch Premier League "Fan Zone" on FSC sometime during the season. (They have a couple of regular guys - - - not commentators - - - calling the game) and I can't understand half of what they say! My wife is sitting there laughing at them and I don't know what's so funny!

They speak a totally different language than we do over here!

i have heard it used that way before yeah, normally "i had an argument with a ford focus and lost" - he means he crashed into it.. We say lots of different things so we dont have to admit to accidents.

the one i have had to use is:

"I dont have the car today, i parked it in a field"

further questions reveal that i came off the road, went through a hedge down a ditch, through the fence and stopped in a field.

Us brits are quirky sometimes!!:D:banana:

Must be a dialect thing Paul! Or Jacqui never had an "argument"!

I have actually parked a car in a ditch before! hehehe

EDIT: After re-reading Paul's explanation, I have heard that, but not with cars. More with something physical, like if you accidentally run into the wall and get a nosebleed or similar. (Had an argument with a wall and lost). But not really as a substitute word.

Last edited:
Lets get this one back on topic guys.

It's a figurative usage I've heard on this continent as well.

I thought Poult's twitter apology about his play today was interesting. He sounded a bit bewildered about it.

I'm loving it!! I'd even sport some of John Daly's Loudmouth duds. I think I could pull it of.

Back