If a genie gave you one wish to fix one part of your game, what would it be?

Putting. There are better and worse days, but the rest of the game is strong. However, I don't need a genie. I am going to fix it myself. Grind, work, test, practice, practice, practice. Grrr. :p Ranged from 6-8 hc this year. If the putting catches up, I think I can get below 5 next year.

Length.....I lost about 2 club lengths in my irons and about 50+ yards from the driver, over the last 10 years

I have way too many candidates for this.

Keeping the ball in play with driver.

Being comfortable with partial swing wedge shots.

Putting.

If I only get one I’d probably go with putting. Three putts are the norm for me. I’m not confident standing over any putt more than two feet. Today I was on in regulation on #1 and 4 putted for double.

I'm with you. My driver seems to be coming along now. My chipping is coming along. I'm pretty sure I can get my putting back in the groove. Haven't worked with my woods enough to know whether I've a problem with them. But my irons... *sigh* Specifically: Why can I take two perfect practice swings, then hit the ball thin? Repeatedly?

Had a beautiful drive the other day. Easy 150 yards to the green from there. Turned a possible par into a double bogey--all due to poor irons play :(
That sounds exactly like my game.

Iron play for as well.

Perfect speed on every putt. It would be game over.

For me, it would have to be the fairway woods. I can't hit a 3 or 5 wood off the deck to save my life. Even hybrids are inconsistent. I don't make clean contact enough times. Most times I hit too far behind the ball. It really takes reaching longer par 4's out of the equation. I play with my 18 year old grandson and he's got a 7 iron in the fairways on the longest holes while I'm thinking of getting there in 3 and hoping to make bogey.

So what is everyone's Achilles Heel? What is the one part of your game you wish you could fix?

I've said it before and it'll never change. I wouldn't want to "magically" fix any part of my game. This game is fun because it's challenging. Remove the challenge an it'll be as boring as Monopoly.

Good point, @OGputtnfool! It has occurred to me that, as much as the occasional "Oh yeah!" moments, is what keeps me enthralled :)

Eliminate OTT.

Be a lights out putter. And by lights out I mean Ben Crenshaw good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wedges. going thru a tough spot right now and they are killing me. Just havent had time to get out and put in some serious work.

Good point, @OGputtnfool! It has occurred to me that, as much as the occasional "Oh yeah!" moments, is what keeps me enthralled :)

Exactly. If I were suddenly gifted with the ability to shoot 72 every time I went out, the game would suck.

Would have to be consistent iron play.
my driver can be erratic but generally not to penal when in trouble. Putting off on on: some rounds 28 putts, some rounds 35 putts.
Irons-I want to know that if I am 172 yards out, I’m in the green. If I am 95 yards -I’m on the geeen.

Exactly. If I were suddenly gifted with the ability to shoot 72 every time I went out, the game would suck.

I can say with complete confidence that if a genie fixed my fairway wood problem I still would not be close to 72. :unsure:

Let me hit what I'm aiming at off the tee every time. That alone would save me a lot of strokes.

To sort out my tee game. When it's on, I'm shooting low but when it isn't....oh man it's ugly. Played our stableford last night and only ended up with 25 points, 2 lost balls in the first 2 holes and 4 other penalties off the tee, was a complete shambles of a round.

Mental game probably. Some kind of internal "caddie voice" that would sanity check some of my club choice or target decisions. Seems like 2 or 3 times a round I just make some bad mental errors that end up costing me a bunch of strokes.

My long iron game. If I could get that fixed.....

Distance would be superb!

Long iron, put a 4-6 iron in my hand and contact is just not consistent.

I would just like to get a handle on driver accuracy. If I could keep my current distance and put it in the fairway my game would be exponentially better. I think putting is the most important factor and if a genie could have me hitting putts like a tour players then I would be dumb not to take it. However I think I can become a good putter, I don’t see myself becoming an accurate driver without the help of a magical creature lol.

perfect on plane swing every time..

Back