If you are not a member anywhere - what makes your “most played” course the one you play more often..?

jpgolf

“JP”
Reaction score
Handicap
If you are NOT a member of a particular course… what are the reasons that you play where you do - the most…???

before I joined a course, a course mid-way between myself and playing buddies was key. so friends and locacation

Even though I live closer to other nice courses… I gravitate to where I play most because of the ease of getting on most any time, and friends who play there. It is also kept up well… and just enough “out in the country” that it is rarely over-crowded. A hidden gem!

It’s just a super fun layout. Always in great shape. Challenging. Just checks a lot of boxes for me. I’m playing there tomorrow, actually.

For me it’s a course I enjoy playing. The holes are really fun and can be played different ways. There a 7 different tee boxes so I can always change it up and most importantly, the course is very fair. No gimicky holes that will ruin your round as long as you play smart

Before I joined my course I just played all over. There's a lot of courses to choose from and they're all about the same price so the variety was good at the time.

It’s five mins away and the GM always takes care of me.

Convenience. It's only a couple blocks away. (3 minutes) Plus, it's a good test for my effort. Also has a great, free, short game practice area. 18 holes, with a cart is $32. 9 holes is $22. Lot's of senior, locals play here.

There's a second course I play at, that's only another block away from my home. . (4 minutes) 18 holes with a cart is $42. 9 holes is $32. Longer course, that's better maintained. Lots of non locals play here.

Proximity

Proximity to my home and costs $37 to walk on the weekends. Because of that it is always packed with people. Not a lot of great public options near me though.

Not super nice, but nice enough. Maintenance is decent. And it's almost never crowded. Can usually get a tee time with a few hours notice or just walk on.

Price 95% of the time.

Location and cost.
There are 3 courses near me I play regularly. Which one I play depends on the day, time of day, and how much time I have.

Proximity, condition, course layout, cost. I'm lucky enough to live in an area with... 30+ courses within a 45-60 minute drive, many of them closer, so I've never felt the need to join a club. I enjoy the variety too much.

The guys in the Men's golf ASSN. Fun to play with guys.....the course is MEH on its best day

It's one of the nicer courses in the area, fun layout, in between work and home so I can stop on the way home, and it hosts my wednesday Spark 9 hole league.

I have 3 that I play the most, factors being cost depending on the time of year, tee time availability, and layout.

Before I joined it was based on location and when I could get a tee time. I generally played as a single so frequently it was relatively short planning so availability of tee times was critical.

Price

Location, price and fun to play. Lot of interesting holes and use almost all of my clubs.

Location and cost

1. Nice staff. Very important to me. You want my money? You'd better have a staff that treats everyone well.

2. Good value. I can walk 18 holes for $36.

3. Location: it's nearly the closest course

4. Excellent short game area. One of the only courses nearby with a short game area.

5. No tee times for singles. This means I can just walk up and they'll pair me up with someone. I rarely wait more than 20 minutes.

Location and cost.
There are 3 courses near me I play regularly. Which one I play depends on the day, time of day, and how much time I have.
Exactly this, plus its where my mens club is and it doesn't offer memberships but it does do a punch card which I need to do to make men's club more afgordable.

Back