If You Could Eliminate OB Would You?

I think the elimination of OB would have to come with a stipulation that even if the ball can be found, if it is inside those stakes, it must be dropped back on the course at the point of entry, rather than played. Mostly, I don't want players trying to take on doglegs, ending up in someone's backyard, and coming out better than someone who put it in the fairway.

I don’t need to give my opinion after reading this. Makes perfect sense and completely agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Casual water? I'm good with that...

I like your style!!

I had never considered removing the stroke from the stroke and distance. I like that too. Bust a tee shot out of bounds? Start the hole over hitting your second. I also think the stroke should be removed from the lost ball. Or play it like a lateral hazard as well.

Unless, it is tournament play, we treat out of bounds like red stakes. It speeds up play. But, lets not forget the reason, the area is marked OB.

All the crazy rules that golf has are yet another reason why I just don't keep or worry about score. 90% of the golf I play is solo or with the mrs, we have absolutely nothing to prove to anyone. I (we) play to get AWAY from stressful situations... not create more. Improve your lie to improve your mood is our motto.

Lateral hazards.

Make it simple. Still a penalty.

darn, I was hoping you meant moving land.

Four things shouldn't be allowed on a course; sand, water, trees, and long grass. :act-up:

I have no issue with it all being lateral. I would also have no problem playing true ob(someones yard) as you would an environmentally sensitive hazard area where you are not allowed to retrieve or play a ball from.

Back