If You Could Live Anywhere, Where Would It Be?

There are quite a few places I could live but my wife is pickier. I’d be most happy during the winter in a mountain town such as Jackson Hole WY or Aspen CO but when my youngest daughter graduates in 2023 we will be snowbirds in Naples FL. We thought for a long time we would winter in Hawaii but after more than a dozen vacations there we knew we’d likely get island fever after a year or two. For the summers my first choice would be northern Minnesota for the great boating, golf, weather, lakes, and people.

Last edited:
I would love to own property in or around Bozeman, MT. Go back and forth between NC and MT.

I would love to own property in or around Bozeman, MT. Go back and forth between NC and MT.

Bozeman would be an easy place for me to spend 6 months each year winter or summer. My wife’s sister and dad both live there.

Bozeman would be an easy place for me to spend 6 months each year winter or summer. My wife’s sister and dad both live there.
It's beautiful and one of the coolest airports I've ever flown into...that valley on the approach is gorgeous.

I've never lived for any length of time much more than fifty miles from my Boston birthplace.
From my experience, though, there's no one perfect place to live.

New England is great in the autumn....and horrid in the spring. South Florida is great in the winter...a bit hot in the summer.

I love the Seattle / Vancouver area in the summer. San Francisco is good too.

Spring is tricky. I'm not really a spring person because I've spent so many of them in gray and drizzly New England. I guess Europe is pretty nice in spring.

West coast Canadian here. Myrtle beach NC has the mildest climate in north America. Temp averages 24-27c throughout the year. I'd love that. I get mixed reviews about living there though, never been there.

Sandy Lane, Barbados. A bit windy at times but it is worth it to play that Course and live in such a nice place.

West coast Canadian here. Myrtle beach SC has the mildest climate in north America. Temp averages 24-27c throughout the year. I'd love that. I get mixed reviews about living there though, never been there.
FIFY

If you're ever in Bozeman and need someone to play with, let me know. My sister lives there and it's less than 2 hours for me.

I couldn't afford 1 street brick in Monaco.

I was born and raised in St. Petersburg, FL but never played golf until I moved to Northern Michigan... an area I've fallen in love with. While I miss grouper sandwiches, saltwater fishing and warm temps in January, I don't miss much else of the Gulf Coast of Florida.

I'd have to take a few golf vacations to know for sure, but the western side of South Carolina has always appealed to me. Where ever I end up, it has to be a bit outside of the city, and there has to be a lot of affordable golf.

Hey guys! I am living in Phillipines and love my country. However, in the future, I plan to move to another country where there is a good cost of living. I am currently planning to move with my wife to Central Europe. Where? To Hungary, where the coast of living suits me better than in the Philippines. According to the cost of living Philippines I am more satisfied with Hungary. What kind of ideas do you have?

Last edited:
Wife and I love Hawaii. But we could be persuaded to live in Paris or at my familial home outside of Madrid. (y)

My wife and I have vacationed in a lot of warm weather U.S. cities the last 15 years trying to figure out where we would retire for the winters for good beach and golf weather. A lot of states with "warmer" winters are a lot colder than you think. We looked at the Carolinas and northern Florida for a winter retirement spot but ultimately chose south Florida for the much warmer winter temperatures. Even great weather cities like San Deigo where our daughter lives have high temps in the 60's for about half of the days each year and their daily mean temperature in the winter is 57* - not exactly beach weather or even shorts weather with the many days that the marine layer makes it feel much cooler.

All the warmest cities in Texas and California are a lot colder during the winter than south Florida. Even Orlando and Tampa are quite a bit cooler than Florida cites 150 miles farther south. For consistent beach and shorts weather in the winter, the only option in the U.S. outside of south Florida is Hawaii. Their average winter temps are about 1 degree warmer in Honolulu than Miami or Naples. The problem, of course, is all the cities below not in California are miserably hot and humid in the summer which is why we will leave Florida in mid May each year and not return until late October.

Screen Shot 2019-12-10 at 9.50.45 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-12-10 at 9.12.06 AM.png

Last edited:
Milos, Greece.

Been many times to visit our friends that live there. It's amazing.

Last edited:
Good topic!

Out of where I've been...Jacksonville, FL or somewhere else in Florida. Then coastal GA up to coastal NC. Possibly Phoenix, AZ

Either Southern Oregon, or Myrtle Beach SC

I have spent the past 20 years or so trying to determine where I would prefer to live during the winter. I will probably end up somewhere in Florida. I don’t need the beach, I just want to be able to play golf and be warm.

Absolutely anywhere?

Carmel....or New Zealand

Ive lived in the SF Bay Area my entire life. Honestly we have 10 years to go and we are out of here. While the weather is great the community is not. Traffic is dismal, 1.5 hour commute home from work is the norm. Getting around is always time consuming and honestly a waste of time. Cost is crazy and taxes are as well. However the golf is good with lots of choices.

That said I don’t really know where I’d go if I could talk my wife into leaving the state. I think winters in Florida and maybe Wisconsin for summer. Current plan is we are staying in California but moving to Auburn to retire.

I live in Chicagoland and my answer is Tucson Arizona 1000 percent ! Every winter I spend sending my wife listings for homes and someday she’ll give in I know it!

Ive lived in the SF Bay Area my entire life. Honestly we have 10 years to go and we are out of here. While the weather is great the community is not. Traffic is dismal, 1.5 hour commute home from work is the norm. Getting around is always time consuming and honestly a waste of time. Cost is crazy and taxes are as well. However the golf is good with lots of choices.

That said I don’t really know where I’d go if I could talk my wife into leaving the state. I think winters in Florida and maybe Wisconsin for summer. Current plan is we are staying in California but moving to Auburn to retire.

I couldn’t agree more on the Bay Area. We sold our house in Los Gatos in April of 2018 and don’t miss anything about living or working there. Most of our NorCal friends have already left the state or are planning to leave when they retire. Many moved just a couple hours away to the Nevada side of Lake Tahoe, others went to Texas, Arizona, and North Carolina.

I'm pretty happy in Wilmywood! But, if I had to...Tampa, FL, San Diego, CA, or somewhere in the Mediterranean...Greece, Italy/Sicily.

Back