If you could play Five Courses in Scotland...

Old Course
Turnberry
Royal Dornoch
Muirfield
Carnoustie

Would be interesting if people noted what area each course was in. When planning a trip, working the logistics is tough if you haven’t been there. We are going in May and plan to play generally out of St Andrews. We have a round a day scheduled but will be looking to add a second 18 on some of the days. Good news, based upon the answers so far, we have the right ones targeted. I may start a new thread around our particular area, St Andrews.

If you were just staying in Fife, you could play some of the courses managed by the St Andrews links (Old, New, Castle), then two courses at Fairmont Hotel just south of St Andrews, Dukes is an inland course tied to the Old Course hotel, Kingsbarns, Crail, Elie Links, Dumbarnie Links (new 2020), Lundin, Scotscraig, Drumoig, Ladybank

North Berwick
Old Course
Cruden Bay
Royal Dornoch
Brora

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cruden bay and castle Stuart were fun courses and I would play those again and any combo of Open courses

I'm definitely taking notes - keep these coming! I get to Glasgow (in normal times) occasionally for work... may need to take an extra week sometime

The Old Course
Kingsbarn
North Berwick
Royal Aberdeen
Muirfield

My actual rotation August Elie, Lundin, Leven, Dumbarnie, Old, New, Castle, Kingsbarns, Carnoustie, North Berwick
I'm a member at leven lovley course quite a test in the wind, especially the 5th into the wind were you use a driver for a 140y par 3 dunbarnie is a cracker too,
Being in Scotland you would think it was quite easy to get on these courses, never seems to be the case, I'd add eyemouth barassie, western Gail's to that list

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

I'm definitely taking notes - keep these coming! I get to Glasgow (in normal times) occasionally for work... may need to take an extra week sometime
Next time your in glasgow looking for a quick round give me a shout some nice courses not dotted around the city

I'm a member at leven lovley course quite a test in the wind, especially the 5th into the wind were you use a driver for a 140y par 3 dunbarnie is a cracker too,
Being in Scotland you would think it was quite easy to get on these courses, never seems to be the case, I'd add eyemouth barassie, western Gail's to that list

Changes have been made...Starting at Leven then Brora, Then Royal Dornoch, Castle Stuart, Cruden Bay, Panmure, Elie, Dumbarnie, New, Kingsbarns twice, Carnoustie, Castle and North Berwick. Conferring with @HarlettoScara as he shall join in along with his Dad at a few.....Once we finalize that we will circle back and see if you have any interest jumping in. Play up to New is before my group joins in. Then roster full. Dates Aug 15 to 27 approximately....

Changes have been made...Starting at Leven then Brora, Then Royal Dornoch, Castle Stuart, Cruden Bay, Panmure, Elie, Dumbarnie, New, Kingsbarns twice, Carnoustie, Castle and North Berwick. Conferring with @HarlettoScara as he shall join in along with his Dad at a few.....Once we finalize that we will circle back and see if you have any interest jumping in. Play up to New is before my group joins in. Then roster full. Dates Aug 15 to 27 approximately....

Well that sounds like a lovely trip indeed. Had a couple on that list that I look forward to a lot of feedback on for in the next few years in Dornoch, Carnoustie, Castle Stuart and North Berwick.

This is kind of dream stuff for me. But, I would say the Old, Carnoustie, Royal Dornoch, Turnberry and one other! Name one. Muirfield is desirable, but I've heard that, while a great layout, it's a course for doctors and lawyers, and veddy, veddy stuffy!

This is kind of dream stuff for me. But, I would say the Old, Carnoustie, Royal Dornoch, Turnberry and one other! Name one. Muirfield is desirable, but I've heard that, while a great layout, it's a course for doctors and lawyers, and veddy, veddy stuffy!
Go to your search engine you use and type in Muirfield Golf and their site will come up. You can book tee times there all by yourself. Have been there 3 times. Now note getting a tee time there requires very advance planning as they sell out about 16 months in advance....But you as whoever you are....can book there just by clicking and paying....It's not cheap....Same goes for Carnoustie with their site but you don't have to be 16 months in advance maybe only 12 or so. Turnberry easy to book and not nearly as far in advance. Royal Dornoch is easy too and with it so remote you can book it closer..... The Old is a cluster to book. They have some inane system of advance apps with luck of draw....or you can contact a 5 star hotel near by or big tour operator and pay thru the arse…..So 4 of 5 you can achieve with little effort but pay appropriate fare. To achieve playing places like those here in US.....No can do mostly as the best are mostly private and do not accept unaccompanied guests....

Back