I'm still alive...

Qwkz51

El Conquistador
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Hello all, I'm returning to THP after a hiatus. In the time away from posting, (I have been checking in) life has really came at me fast and hard. My last experience was Shaftup at Victoria National, last June. Since then, I finished my Masters in Education Administration. I helped coach my little boy in Basketball, and was head coach for his baseball(T-Ball) team this spring, and took an assistant golf coach position for the high school team. The biggest part of my time has been in focusing my time on my spirituality and helping my wife work through her mental health struggles and trauma. This has been a brutal fight and required a lot of time. As of now, she's doing tremendously better. That being said, mental health struggles are real and can bring the person suffering and the people around them down. Stay diligent, and make sure you address issues and don't let them build below the surface.
My golf game is improving, I have found a good coach and have made some strides the last 2 weeks. I'm starting to hit the ball better and I think being an assistant coach has really given me an outlet and inspired me to keep grinding! Luckily I have gotten a few rounds with @KY Golfer , @LLIB , @OhioGolfer and @wadesworld in last couple weeks. I hope to keep life going in the right direction, and be more present on here in the future!

Glad to see you back Carl!

Wish you the best

That's a lot. Glad you've come through the other side and are back with us. I hope you and your family have much happiness.

Glad to see you back! Happy to hear things are trending in the right direction!

Welcome back!!!

Great to see you back and glad things are looking up for you!

Welcome back!

Welcome back HawtCarl. Coaching youth sports takes up a lot of time but it's so worth it. Good job and good luck.

That's a lot to keep you busy! Glad to see you back.

Thank you all for the support. I knew THP would have my back when we were struggling, but I hardly had time to breathe, much less post. It is getting better every day though. ;)

I got a sneak preview of your comeback a few weeks ago. Glad to see you back on the forum.

Good to hear from you Carl

Welcome back!

Glad everyone is doing better and that you’re back with us

Nice to see you back on the forum.

Welcome back!!

Welcome back

Life happens, welcome back!

Great to see your back!

Welcome back, all the best

Glad to have you back posting and remember people are out there to help support those who are supporting others. You don't have to go through anything alone.

Great to see you back!

I'm sorry to hear about the MH issues in the family, but it sounds like you're working through them and things are on the mend.

There's tons of support here on THP, we're here if you need us.

Back