fast food burger places I'd go to before Innout within a couple miles

Whataburger
Sonic
Hat Creek
Wendys
JitB - only for the sourdough jack 🤤

then a dozen counter-service places that wouldnt be much longer to get in and out of.

Five guys
Freddys
Twisted Root
Fuddruckers
Whizzbangs
Dubl-r
health camp
cupps
the back counter at the chevron down the street
Sonic? Greasy yuck.

Meh. Nothing special really. Five Guys is better, to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've heard that 5 Guys is good, but I've never tried. I guess there is no drive thru. In that case I'll go to a local burger bar and eat there where I can get a beer! And we have some good ones around here!

I have always liked In N Out, but since we have had one in our town for the last several years, and can have it whenever I want, it's just not as special anymore.

Can't believe I am saying this because I have been anti Whataburger for the longest time, but I have grown to love them. The key with them is to find the right location to get a good one from. They are definitely not all created equal. Locations 5 miles apart can literally be night and day from each other.

We don't have either of those in this area, so I have no basis for comparison. But, I still have a hard time imagining that anything today could compete with what I tasted in the pre-MickeyD's times!

In-and-Out is OK and my wife really likes their burgers for some reason. The best fast food burger I recall ever having came from a chain now long gone, Burger Chef. They were char broiled like Burger King today, and were so good that when I was in OCS we would pay a cab driver to go to the one just off the base, get us 120 cheeseburgers, 60 fries and 60 cokes for the platoon, meet us in the woods then have to sneak them into the barracks using big metal trash cans. Then we had to sneak the trash back out before our TAC officers caught us. Maybe they were just so good because we were just that hungry?

Smashburger was definitely better. Unfortunately we only had one location here and it didn’t last very long. Still waiting for Shake Shack to come to this area. I hear they are very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smashburger is better and in the midwest we have Culver’s Butterburgers which are very similar and just as good as a Smashburger.

I like the fries, order crispy or well though. The burgers are ok, certainly not some kind of spiritual experience. A west coast stoner version of Taco Bell if you will

I've never heard you start trash talking in n out. But I've certainly heard you jump on the bashing.
It’s not bashing when it’s true. 👀

It’s OK, but it’s not as good as billed.

It’s not bashing when it’s true. 👀

It’s OK, but it’s not as good as billed.
I think it's only billed as good because it's limited access. At the end of the day, it's a fast food burger. None of them are actually good.

The other thing that needs to be mentioned, unlike virtually every other fast food joint, in n out sources its meat and produce from a 100 mile radius of the store. It's always fresh - which means it's going to vary from store to store when you are in am area that doesn't have many of them. Some are definitely better than others.

Back