In need of a new glove - any recommendations?

OrlandoGolfBlog

KISS MY A** BALL!!
Reaction score
Handicap
Aside from the Bionic glove... What do you guys think is a good one? I was hitting my brand new custom TM Burner Irons today and the grip tore through the glove I was wearing (not to mention my opposing thumb).. whaddya think?

While the Bionic is not for some, the Bionic Pro, which is USGA legal is a great glove. I use mine and love it. I used to like the Under Armour Gloves, but they last but a few rounds.

I like durability more than anything and that is why I use the Bionic. I also have a few Nike Durafeels that I like that are a good bargain. For me with the exception of the Bionic, all the rest are the same. The sale gloves do just as well as the others.

I like durability more than anything and that is why I use the Bionic.

I'm with you there, seems like every other week I'm purchasing a new glove.. Regarding the Bionic Pro's I like the fact that they're USGA compliant, but not really digging the price tag. Would you say in your honest opinion that the extra $20-$30 bucks is worth it?

More specifically, will these gloves last long enough to justify the expense?

I'm using a Nike Durafeel right now. I tried a Taylormade Tour glove previously and wasn't impressed with it at all, it may have lasted 5 or 6 rounds before it was falling apart. The Bionic Pro was pretty durable but at the MSRP of one I could buy four of the Nike's. Just my $.02.

I like them, but I would not pay for them. I LOVE the regular Bionic glove and would and have paid the extra money for it. It took me one round to get used to the thickness, but one glove lasted over 3 months playing 3 times a week in the FL heat. I paid $30 for mine and absolutely LOVE it

I'd ask Amollerud if might have a grip problem, if your glove was not wore out already. Gloves should not tear that easily. I use baseball batting gloves because I can buy them by the pair. ($14) I have a skin problem on the back of both my hands that needs protection from the sun. I have never ripped a pair while golfing, and only replace them when they get crusty due to perspiration. When their golfing days are over they go out in my tool box. :comp:

QUOTE=OrlandoGolfBlog;116496]Aside from the Bionic glove... What do you guys think is a good one? I was hitting my brand new custom TM Burner Irons today and the grip tore through the glove I was wearing (not to mention my opposing thumb).. whaddya think?[/QUOTE]

I usually take what I can find in my size and left handed. I burn through the footjoys in nothing flat. Same with Nike. I picked up a maxfli 'cause it was all I could find in lefty and it's holding up better than any I tried. I don't know anything about gloves though and this is just an observation. It was cheap too. Seems to be a tough piece of goat.

I'd ask Amollerud if might have a grip problem, if your glove was not wore out already. Gloves should not tear that easily.

In truth, it was about time for a new glove anyway :) I think that, combined with the fact that I was using brand new, super grabby grips really caused the tear.. As for the thumb... well, I work on a computer all day, got girly hands.. :doh:

I always used the Under Armour gloves like JB, but I only got 3 or 4 rounds out of them. Every one is out of the UA glove around here so I started using the Bionic pro about 5 rounds ago that I won in a contest. It has held up pretty good so far, but I still dont know if it is worth the 40 price yet.

I have used these gloves for years. They hold up well and the price is right. Their customer service is also excellent in my experience.

Customization Options

Click on link above

Last edited:
I always used the Under Armour gloves like JB, but I only got 3 or 4 rounds out of them. Every one is out of the UA glove around here so I started using the Bionic pro about 5 rounds ago that I won in a contest. It has held up pretty good so far, but I still dont know if it is worth the 40 price yet.

What Size do you take?I'll look to see if we have any if you want

What Size do you take?I'll look to see if we have any if you want

Im a XL, thanks for the offer. Im going to see how long this Bionic Pro lasts and see if I switch. If not I will take you up on it.

I love the Footjoy SciFlex...always seems to hold up well for me

It really depends on what you want from a glove. Can you notice a feel difference on the club when you use different types? Do you tend to wear through gloves? (obviously, you asked the question)

If you wear through gloves quickly and the feel doesn't matter much, just get the cheap two pack or 2/$15 type glove. You won't notice a difference, and you won't be out much money. If you don't wear through gloves and feel is important, I highly recommend any of the pro-line gloves. Sta-soft, Titleist premium, Nike dri-fit premium, etc., every company has one. I use the Sta-Soft and love it. Is it the best glove out there? I don't know. It was the glove that fit me best when I tried all of them on so that is what I use. My opinion is that the premium gloves last just as long, but offer a much better feel.

Ive been using the Mizuno Retroflex for about a year now and Ive been happy with it. Very grippy and they last a long time.

Back