In the process of blowing up my bag and getting all JDM stuff!

The only difference between Japanese and Chinese foundries is the labor costs. Hate to burst your bubble.

The old saying you get what you pay for...my Yonex is top notch. Many Tour designs have been made in Japan. Regardless of money... I feel confident in JDM brands. If you could pick a JDM set what would it be?

My Company builds Equipment in China, there are 2 big foundry's that make excellent steel that is up to International Standards, the rest it is a crap shoot what you end up with.

The only difference between Japanese and Chinese foundries is the labor costs. Hate to burst your bubble.

I am looking for a 460cc JDM driver head that is deep faced, open face angle or fade bias and long...any suggestions with the 2016 models?

I think the overarching theme is to find equipment that works for you and makes you feel confident in your abilities with it. If that TM, Cally, etc. then that's perfect. If JDM is what will allow you to play to the best of your ability, then grab that JDM. Just find the clubs that help you to play the best. As for quality, it is my understanding that JDM is built to tighter specs than most OEM's, but I don't think anyone can definitively call them better.

Toe shot my Yonex MB 4i 198y to 6ft, that should not have happened...

Last edited:
Hole 17 WPBcc, 168y approach into teeth of a 2 club head wind. Pulled 5i and the shot tracked stable over the pin with a soft landing...dropped another ball did it again...Yonex are the ticket. Me and my 5i are buddies! JDM Rock (yes holed the putt!) This is my 4th round with Yonex MB's and NO range sessions.

Last edited:
Back