In the process of blowing up my bag and getting all JDM stuff!

Not that one, although it does look cool. I got the first generation model.

see? i told you you weren't done buying stuff! :)

which emillid bahama? i think the eb-02 is a really cool looking driver.

My Emillid Bahama came in today. Definitely fits my eye better. Here are some pics, and a pic comparing with the Vega

20160411_174616_zpsdeubty3d.jpg

20160411_174623_zpshu1e1lkd.jpg

20160411_174639_zpsbwmdn1zl.jpg

Shafted! Ready to hit!

IMO: JDM blades offer more than feel...better distance control and dispersion. IMO: The higher quality metal and grain structure/design must play a role in the impact of the ball perhaps. I found this out executing my bump in runs / low runner shots years ago with a Miura TB 9i. I sold it as it was a Asian grind with sharper leading edge. Since then I have hit this shot with a lot of heads over the years. Now my set of Yonex Ezone MB are so tight preforming this shot its not even a question to me. I owned a Miura MP005 putter that had better distance control over my SC 2.6. I just could not get used to the offset, so I went back to a center shaft, but the roll of the ball was better, and so agreed my wife who is a putting bandit with a 2.6 also...IMO: JDM quality is like a Porsche to a VW, just get it to fit your game. IMO JDM needs to be in US big box stores, regardless of the prices.
Think of it like this. If you were a race car driver, raced every week spent a lot of money racing, why would you drive a less quality car? Looking in 'some' bags of regular gamers I see often, I feel if they were marathon runners their shoes would be flip flops, however they enjoy the game...different strokes for different folks...
Give JDM a try!...perhaps a wedge first...

Last edited:
can you prove that jdm is better quality than non jdm? is that quantifiable and objective?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO: JDM blades offer more than feel...better distance control and dispersion. IMO: The higher quality metal and grain structure/design must play a role in the impact of the ball perhaps. I found this out executing my bump in runs / low runner shots years ago with a Miura TB 9i. I sold it as it was a Asian grind with sharper leading edge. Since then I have hit this shot with a lot of heads over the years. Now my set of Yonex Ezone MB are so tight preforming this shot its not even a question to me. I owned a Miura MP005 putter that had better distance control over my SC 2.6. I just could not get used to the offset, so I went back to a center shaft, but the roll of the ball was better, and so agreed my wife who is a putting bandit with a 2.6 also...IMO: JDM quality is like a Porsche to a VW, just get it to fit your game. IMO JDM needs to be in US big box stores, regardless of the prices.
Think of it like this. If you were a race car driver, raced every week spent a lot of money racing, why would you drive a less quality car? Looking in 'some' bags of regular gamers I see often, I feel if they were marathon runners their shoes would be flip flops, however they enjoy the game...different strokes for different folks...
Give JDM a try!...perhaps a wedge first...
I think that the one true takeaway from this post is to get fit. Getting fit will yield you the best results. If JDM clubs fit your eye and make you happy then go it. Even if they were "higher quality" I doubt I'd be able to see any tangible difference.

IMO: JDM blades offer more than feel...better distance control and dispersion. IMO: The higher quality metal and grain structure/design must play a role in the impact of the ball perhaps..

Question for the group because I don't know: Does every JDM club head get manufactured in Japan and not in China?
I assume that my Bridgestone JGR Hybrid Forged Irons are made in China and assembled in the U.S, but maybe they don't. I do know that they sell for almost double on the "Bay" when they come from a Japan seller.

Last edited:
Most foundries in Japan are renound for superior quality, as well as most shafts made there...Most USA OEM's gets China Tiawain products...you decide

IMO: Kinda like Honda Vs GY6...

Most foundries in Japan are renound for superior quality, as well as most shafts made there...Most USA OEM's gets China Tiawain products...you decide

It's amazing I made it to a plus two with janky American products at one point.

They were cast too.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

It's amazing I made it to a plus two with janky American products at one point.

They were cast too.

If it was JDM you would have been a +4

I really don't understand the goesinta's and the comesoutof's. But here is something to think about.

The Navy ships that have protected your a$$, and the freedoms of this country.....they are all made of steel made in America.....you decide

I suggest you take a look at the shafts in your bag then. Going to need some changes. You may also want to do some research on steel. Where some of the best is made including brands like Carpenter. Sourced steel is used in foundries all over.

I suggest you take a look at the shafts in your bag then. Going to need some changes. You may also want to do some research on steel. Where some of the best is made including brands like Carpenter. Sourced steel is used in foundries all over.

Perhaps so...the Yonex MB Heads are the ticket...never hit anything 'this good'. The flights are rock solid lasers setting up short putts

Perhaps so...the Yonex MB Heads are the ticket...never hit anything 'this good'. The flights are rock solid lasers setting up short putts
Maybe the extra forgiveness from cutthrough is helping out

i'm pumped for you that you found something that is working so well. i'm not on board with it being solely because it's jdm, but playing well and having fun is all that matters. enjoy the new sticks!

Those heads are sweet, awesome clubs and glad to see ProZoneGolf is having great results with them.

But the idea that JDM stuff is somehow inherently better than anything made in any other country is patently ridiculous.

They are the 2012 model no cut out ...all muscle & power

Awesome that you found something that works well for you. ​Enjoy them.

Like duck shootn with a rifle instead of a pistol.

They are the 2012 model no cut out ...all muscle & power
My bad, thought you just got some n1-mbs, similar shape without the strikethrough?

My bad, thought you just got some n1-mbs, similar shape without the strikethrough?
Yah like a titleist MB, TM TP MB , apex MB, or pretty much any other muscle back out there .

Yah like a titleist MB, TM TP MB , apex MB, or pretty much any other muscle back out there .

Yonex MB's write ups are stellar!...I read 'every' forum on these for 1 1/2 years!...they were right!...the push was the golf mechanic's advice who bags them too with S300 HS ...NB The Golf Mechanic makes great combo's.. do check him out!

Last edited:

The only difference between Japanese and Chinese foundries is the labor costs. Hate to burst your bubble.

Back