Introduction time...

toad65

Reaction score
Handicap

I've been golfing since I was a kid but never serious or often until my son finished his baseball career back in 2013.

I was fortunate in that my fiance's family, in particular her adult son, were all great golfers. He and I golfed a lot that first year and he gave me some great lessons. Also, his best friend is the Mizuno rep in our area so I got fitted the next year for a new set of irons at a great price (Mizuno JPX-825 Pro 4-GW).

I'm a bit of a tightass so I get the rest of my clubs from Callaway Pre-Owned and I won my putter (Scotty Cameron Newport 2) in a tournament a few years back.

Grew up in Twin Falls, ID and have been in Boise, ID since 1986 minus a few years back in Twin from 96-2000.

Best courses I've played have been Blue Lakes CC in Twin and some great courses in Bend, OR.

I'm 54 and my HC is ~15 right now and never had a hole in one. I play in a great league here (Individual stroke play w/ league HC), we play every other week and have two major tournaments, mid season and EOY. I tried Men's League but I hate playing 9 holes, lol just seems like unfinished business.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

As for my name and avatar, My brother's nickname for me (Toad) and Sockeye is a local brewery, the photo was taken at Aspen Lakes or Lost Tracks in Bend.

Welcome to THP!

Happy to have you with us! ;)

Welcome aboard!

Welcome!

:welcome:

welcome to THP

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to Paradise!

Anyone who starts with a Princess Bride gif gets extra internet points! :cool:

:welcome:

Welcome to THP.

Welcome! Hope you enjoy your time here.

Welcome to THP.

welcome to THP

Welcome from northern Michigan.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome and your pic looks like Lost Tracks in Bend OR.

Welcome sir! Glad to have you here!

Welcome to THP!

Back