If I were you I would arrive in Dublin and depart from Shannon...

Missing Kerry is a tough decision... Ballybunon, Lahinch in Clare, Tralee in Kerry.

Asides from the golf, Kerry is the heart of Ireland to me. It offers the scenery and culture that non golfers will enjoy (if traveling with family etc)

I agree. Kerry is a great spot. Played Ballybunnion 2 years ago and it was phenominal. So much to do down there. I've been through most of Ireland a couple of times and the Southwest is my favorite

All of our deposits are made and they’re working through the rest of the tee times.

It’s still a year out but pretty exciting around here. Now it’s time to hit the range and spend the next 12+ months getting my game in shape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You will have an awesome time, and if you go in the summer golf till 10pm

Plane tickets booked, 1st class, thanks a lovely friend that’s going with us & has enough status to get it taken care of.
Caddies booked at each course.
Handicap is going down & getting in work.

Plane tickets booked, 1st class, thanks a lovely friend that’s going with us & has enough status to get it taken care of.

When in Portrush Ramore wine bar is good for food or if it’s steaks you are after the Bushmills Inn and the cathedral quarter in Belfast has lots great pubs

First class to Ireland is a life hole in one

The Guinness brewery.
IMO I have to disagree. The Guinness tour is clinical and boring and just a touristy thing to do with a "free" pint of Guinness at the end (which can be had in every bar there), you literally just follow printed footsteps on the floor and read some sign boards. It's okay but certainly not all it's cracked up to be.

Alternatively I would suggest the Jameson factory tour which is much more intimate, you get taken round by a guide in small groups, get told about the place / history and other stuff, you can ask questions if you want to. At the end you get a Jamesons.

If you can do both, then do, if not I would say do the Jamesons one.

I've spent very little time in Dublin, but the library at Trinity College is pretty awesome.

Only just noticed this post - I spent a month as a visiting scholar at Trinity College last year. The library is indeed pretty awesome.

Start practising with your 7 iron and a putting grip , 20 yards out. Bump and run instead of lob.

Nice play schedule...Only blah....Is Royal Dublin. Play the Island. Either which way you'll have a blast. If extra time on hand while north...Ardglass is a diamond in rough.

I’m going to Ireland as well this summer but we’re going to the southwest.

3C00B260-9F09-48A2-B079-FEBAC17D525E.jpeg

Apparently Lahinch is closed during this span but I’m super stoked to see all these courses and get to see some sights around Ireland.

Confirmed last week that our trip is being rescheduled for summer 2021 but confirmed yesterday we are playing Royal County Down on June 30th & Royal Portrush on I believe July 1st, 2021. Now they're piecing the rest of schedule together.

Sucks that you have to wait another year, but glad it wasn't just cancelled altogether.

View attachment 8926657

Apparently Lahinch is closed during this span but I’m super stoked to see all these courses and get to see some sights around Ireland.
As of this moment your trip is not allowed. What feedback have you gotten from whoever set this up?

As of this moment your trip is not allowed. What feedback have you gotten from whoever set this up?

Did you see his post a couple of posts above where it was delayed one year?

View attachment 8926657

I’ve been to the same area. Ballybunion is visually dramatic and the clubhouse is huge. Waterville is exactly the opposite. Really a bummer about Lahinch, asit was easily my favorite from our trip. You are going to have a great time. I’m jealous. I’d so love to go back. It’s a fabulous part of the country and the Irish are wonderful people who love Americans.

Did you see his post a couple of posts above where it was delayed one year?
I see a post from Mathew stating he rescheduled...I responded re Jon D? Looking for input from all as I am scheduled to go in August and trying to get feedback from those in similar situations.

I’ve been to the same area. Ballybunion is visually dramatic and the clubhouse is huge. Waterville is exactly the opposite. Really a bummer about Lahinch, asit was easily my favorite from our trip. You are going to have a great time. I’m jealous. I’d so love to go back. It’s a fabulous part of the country and the Irish are wonderful people who love Americans.
Lahinch runs a member event every end of July into early August and restricts outside play....Just plan on going a time other than that time. For 2021 the last day of their member event is August 15th....It starts around July 25th. I just set up play for some buds on the 16th of August....

Confirmed last week that our trip is being rescheduled for summer 2021 but confirmed yesterday we are playing Royal County Down on June 30th & Royal Portrush on I believe July 1st, 2021. Now they're piecing the rest of schedule together.

Same here. Don't know if the course list will be identical yet, but should be close.

Back