Is it wrong to wear (golf) merch if you’ve never been there?

Although, that I can recall, I've only worn one article (a hat) from a course I didn't play (Tobacco Road, a gift from a friend), I can't see anything wrong with it.

I still drink coffee from the mugs he also gifted to me from there. For shame!!!

Seriously, I fully understand the support for or against. I just humbly vote for, well... for.

Do You Yes GIF by Rosanna Pansino

No it's not but I try to never do it because inevitably I get asked if I've played there and then I feel shame...lol.

I don’t care what other folks do but personally I don’t buy clothes/headcovers from courses I haven’t played. I also do not own any Masters gear. If I ever am lucky enough to be selected for tickets to buy someday and get to attend, then I’ll obviously buy some stuff and wear it.

I don’t think so, but I don’t do it often.

Not wrong to me. A good looking shirt is a good looking shirt no matter the logo.

Absolutely not.

Not wrong but I‘m not big on buying shirts, vest, or jackets from courses I’ve played. I sometimes buy a ball marker, tumbler, or towel from a highly ranked course I’ve played but rarely anything wearable. The Master’s logo is the big exception and I‘ve dropped some $$$$ each time I’ve been to a Masters and also bought a bunch of 2020 Master’s merchandise when I won lottery tickets but obviously couldn’t attend because that was the covid year with almost no patrons allowed.

Last edited:
No. But, wait to you get home to wear it. I find it odd when someone buys apparel at a course and wears it right then.

Not wrong at all.

I've never seen Queen. Does that mean I can't wear their t-shirt?

No judgement from me but I won’t be wearing anything unless I’ve been to the even or played the course

not wrong, just as mentioned it's an odd choice....especially if someone wants to talk to you about it

As have 150 logo shirts from played clubs, do have 2 from Cypress Point which haven't had chance to play and wear them. Very few converse about the logo.

I have a couple shirts from courses I’ve never played because the wife always brings me back something when she travels.

Not awkward at all if someone asks.

Wrong? no, but the logo/merch is a reminder of my own trip and memories. If it is a gift or purchase when I have never been there, there are no memories attached.

I'm cool with it

Not a problem at all.

I don’t think it’s wrong, it’s just not something I would do

It is okay, wear what makes you feel good. I generally prefer not to, but if someone gifts me a logo item, I wear it.

Back