Electro Door?

• Yes

Votes: 34 38.6%
  • No

Votes: 51 58.0%
  • I'm very complicated

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters
No I don’t but I work in IT/Security for a company that provides a very similar Bluetooth/keypad access lockboxes for real estate agents.

It pairs with an app and it does single day codes that wipe each day. Or it can use NFC or Bluetooth from a registered cell phone. Very similar to some of the consumer solutions out there.

It is incredibly safe and uncomplicated. It’s so rarely has issues and because of that I’m able to work on my golf swing in the conference room at work.

Yup, electronic keypad that also can be locked or unlocked through my ring app... Makes it so much easier, plus I can give family members a specific code and I'll get an alert when they use that code

Yeah. Wifi lock system with a keypad on the front door.

No. My door requires a key to unlock.

Yes, no clue where the actual key is to unlock if the batteries went out 🤣

Thankfully the garage works.

I hate it tho, could never get it to connect with my xfinity home security, didn't research enough between zigbee & the other one

Nope. No real point as our door is rarely locked anyway.

Old school Key. Plus what happens if the power goes out or the Internet?

It is not. I have been thinking about doing it at my beach house because the kids don’t always have a key. My concern is that there is only the front door with a lock on it and a couple of sliding glass doors. Am I crazy to be worried that somehow the electronic door lock might fail and I have to break glass to get in the house?
lots of "smart" locks have regular keyed entry. the electronics just open/close the deadbolt

Check out Lockly products. LockPicking lawyer gives it a 'not terrible' comment, which is high praise. The lock was not easy to pick and the keypad is randomly generated.

Yes, but I need to replace it. The mechanism that engages the lock does not always work.

Are you trying to figure out who's house you can break into the easiest?

No. My wife and I are replacing our front entry locks and we’ll be replacing the two garage entry door locks as well, all keyed alike. I suggested an electronic deadbolt and she and
I took a vote. I lost, 7-2. Main reason for the defeat? Looks.

No. I just haven't pulled the trigger on that yet

It is not. I have been thinking about doing it at my beach house because the kids don’t always have a key. My concern is that there is only the front door with a lock on it and a couple of sliding glass doors. Am I crazy to be worried that somehow the electronic door lock might fail and I have to break glass to get in the house?
I had the case same concerns. however most of the electronic door locks now also have a key option with them. Also, the Yale lock that we have if the battery dies you can take a 9 V battery and hold it at the bottom of it and it will activate it

Battery keypad with actual key kicker just in case.
Love the keypad especially as the automotive key fobs are getting bigger and bigger... like Boom Boxes back in the day.

@OldandStiff

I think I speak for everyone when I say we demand part 2 now. We have waited long enough

@OldandStiff

I think I speak for everyone when I say we demand part 2 now. We have waited long enough
Busy! And trying to follow an Experience in the non-working moments.

I'll get to it. 👍🏻

Another Lockly user here. My wife is a fan, because apparently it’s too much trouble to bring a key when she goes out for a walk. 🙄 I always use my key.

Have a smart lock that can be unlocked with finger print, phone, code, or even a key - if the battery is dead.

No, we come and go through the garage. Plus, we also have a storm door that is locked so there's no point.

Back