It’s time to allow shorts on Tour: Yes, I said it.

I don't know what the big deal is. I guess I'm ambivalent. I mean, it's just a dress code for the workplace. It's not gonna kill anyone. On the other hand, there's no reason not to change it. I guess I'm just of the feeling that the dress code is what it is. Just as there's no "good" reason not to change it, there's also no "good" reason not to change it. Wearing pants for a few hours while playing golf isn't going to hurt anyone.

your body temp definitely comes down on hot days in shorts... I say 'cool man;

With breathable fabric, you can actually stay cooler with pants since the sun isn't beating down on your skin all day. I rocked pants at the 2018 THP Championship in Arizona's 104° heat. I was comfortable all day long... both days.

I’d be fine seeing these pros dressing like NBA players walking into the arena pre-game. That’s never been what golf’s about for me. Playing comfy = playing better.

I would go shorts initially at a stop where shorts would be common sense. Florida and Texas for instance. I am curious how many guys would go pantless. But please this isnt about go from shorts to shirts hanging out to hats turned backwards. Let's keep pro golf professional.

I don't really understand why shorts aren't allowed, other than because of "tradition." I mean who cares?

I don't really understand why shorts aren't allowed, other than because of "tradition." I mean who cares?

Tradition is a huge part of the game of golf, but this one needs to go away. I mean we all want equality... Right?

1589985678645.png

I do NOT wanna see that much leg from anyone on the PGA Tour.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: nor do I. I am simply saying that we can lighten up some.. We do not have to go this far..

1589986192904.png

Maybe we need to do a trial with man capris first?
1589986273426.jpeg

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: nor do I. I am simply saying that we can lighten up some.. We do not have to go this far..

I could deal with those shorts, but tuck that shirt in and make sure there's a belt there, too. Let's try to look presentable.

I know business casual is wearing pants, but I am of the belief that can also change for the office attire to nice professional looking shorts

I agree shorts should be allowed on Tour. I don't understand the pants in hot/humid climates.

They are allowed to wear them in practice rounds and pro/ams so why not during the tournament? Doesn't make sense to me.

Let's say they do allow shorts on tour for the tournaments. What percentage of the guys will wear them?
In the warmer season/locations, I'm willing to bet that a fair number would.

I like the pants requirement.
I had to go to page 2 to find someone who agrees with me. Wear pants or plus 4's, if you want to wear shorts, you have to carry your own bag ;)

Why would anyone really care if someone else has to wear pants during work? You wear shorts or pants when you play and worry about your own business. Let the Tour handle their business. You can decide to watch or not. I think its good as is and that it looked terrible when the Euro tour gave them the choice. I will choose to consume the product or not if the Tour changes it.

My only issue with shorts is seeing all the pasty white chicken legs.

Kills me how I never hear guys complain about the idea of seeing female 'pasty chicken legs'. They're out there.

Kills me how I never hear guys complain about the idea of seeing female 'pasty chicken legs'. They're out there.
White pasty chicken legs are white pasty chicken legs regardless of who they are on. They look just as funny and odd on a lady as they do on a gentleman.

They should definitely be allowed, make golf less stuffy

I couldn't agree more, genuinely can't see a reason why it is even an issue to be honest. Rangefinders as well, anything to speed the game up, the caddies will generally have an idea to the yard anyway because of rangefinders in the practice rounds, so why not just speed things up on the actual rounds.

Because....tradition blah blah

White pasty chicken legs are white pasty chicken legs regardless of who they are on. They look just as funny and odd on a lady as they do on a gentleman.
As an Englishman, I resemble that remark :LOL:

I have said it before and my opinion hasn't changed - I see no reason why shorts shouldn't be an option for the players to wear

It would be interesting to see the numbers on how many players wear shorts outside of the 4 days of competition - so practice rounds, pro-am, etc?

Back