Jacket aficionados...

I have a few Columbia sportswear jackets. I usually rock the softshell type jackets and have three Kirkland (Costco) softshell jackets. The ones just released this year and much nicer than last years models.

I do need to research a good winter/rain golf gear setup for the upcoming cold season though...

Softshells are great day to day pieces for me, they look a little dressier and still have a little wind and rain resistance.

As far as golf rain gear, the nicest options out there are gonna be your Galvin Green, Sunice, etc but you'll pay for it. I rock cheap Marmot rain pants and a North Face 2.5L jacket that get me thru just fine. And they work in the winter too if you layer under them.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Found a 60% off deal at REI on a GoLite softshell ski jacket earlier this week and just couldn't resist. I love my Arc'teryx Theta hardshell with underlayering for wet days and very cold days when I want to trap more heat in, but on the sunnier, milder days I find myself wishing for more breathability than Gore Tex can provide. Plus it should be awesome for cold weather hiking, golfing, and trail running as well.

769350d6a1748e99a1e55eebb0713ed8.jpg

Found a 60% off deal at REI on a GoLite softshell ski jacket earlier this week and just couldn't resist. I love my Arc'teryx Theta hardshell with underlayering for wet days and very cold days when I want to trap more heat in, but on the sunnier, milder days I find myself wishing for more breathability than Gore Tex can provide. Plus it should be awesome for cold weather hiking, golfing, and trail running as well.

769350d6a1748e99a1e55eebb0713ed8.jpg
Nice! I've avoided looking at jackets this season because I have like 5 and I know ill see another I want haha. There's another Orage jacket I want tho!

Nice! I've avoided looking at jackets this season because I have like 5 and I know ill see another I want haha. There's another Orage jacket I want tho!

Haha it's a sickness! I wasn't even really looking for one, but I was a victim of the REI email marketing on their "Mega Deals" haha.

Feel ya on the having too many...I don't quite have 5 ski jackets, but I do have a lot of jackets overall:

-1 hardshell
-1 rain jacket
-1 windshell
-2 hoodless softshells
-1 hooded softshell (this one)
-1 synthetic puffy
-1 insulated winter coat
-1 bomber jacket
-2 freebie jackets from work

And that doesn't include fleeces/insulation layers. I need to donate/sell some of these hahaha

I have a few, I dont want to make an inventory, but its all North face or Helly Hansen You simply can't beat HH, but they are expensive, so I buy North faces too

Haha it's a sickness! I wasn't even really looking for one, but I was a victim of the REI email marketing on their "Mega Deals" haha.

Feel ya on the having too many...I don't quite have 5 ski jackets, but I do have a lot of jackets overall:

-1 hardshell
-1 rain jacket
-1 windshell
-2 hoodless softshells
-1 hooded softshell (this one)
-1 synthetic puffy
-1 insulated winter coat
-1 bomber jacket
-2 freebie jackets from work

And that doesn't include fleeces/insulation layers. I need to donate/sell some of these hahaha
Yeah I get pretty excited about winter gear haha. Ill admit I'm not a huge golf club ho, but I'm definitely a ski outerwear ho. I think seeing a list would scare me

I have a few, I dont want to make an inventory, but its all North face or Helly Hansen You simply can't beat HH, but they are expensive, so I buy North faces too

HH is awesome. Don't have anything by them, but my gf's kit is all Helly. Nothing wrong with North Face, they do make some silly trendy stuff but they also make some serious gear as well.

I'm an Arc'teryx ho. Own 2 jackets and a few insulation layers, I'd own more if it wasn't so damn expensive.

Yeah I get pretty excited about winter gear haha. Ill admit I'm not a huge golf club ho, but I'm definitely a ski outerwear ho. I think seeing a list would scare me

Scares me a little bit...I've accumulated over quite a long time but still. I help myself sleep at night by remembering I got every one at a deep discount lol

HH is awesome. Don't have anything by them, but my gf's kit is all Helly. Nothing wrong with North Face, they do make some silly trendy stuff but they also make some serious gear as well.

I'm an Arc'teryx ho. Own 2 jackets and a few insulation layers, I'd own more if it wasn't so damn expensive.

Arc'teryx is good, but in that price range, I just think that HH is just a bit better

Arc'teryx is good, but in that price range, I just think that HH is just a bit better

I don't have enough experience with Helly to compare quality, but I know it's supposed to be great. The big thing for me with Arc'teryx is the fits are usually slimmer, which is better for my body type. Plus they make the best, most adjustable hoods I've ever seen, IMO.

There's sooooo many damn good brands out there right now, dont be afraid to venture out. Ive put my gear through the ringer in the nastiest and coldest conditions and most (not all) has held up crazy well. Check around my friends, plenty of options for good prices

There's sooooo many damn good brands out there right now, dont be afraid to venture out. Ive put my gear through the ringer in the nastiest and coldest conditions and most (not all) has held up crazy well. Check around my friends, plenty of options for good prices

Oh absolutely. I'm branching out with this GoLite softshell, and I've also got TNF, Columbia, and Sunice in the mix.

My strategy is pretty much thus when looking for a new jacket/insulating layer:

1) Find Arc'teryx piece that matches what I need
2) Is it discounted heavily somewhere?
3) If it is, buy it
4) If not, find something similar that's in the budget

Oh absolutely. I'm branching out with this GoLite softshell, and I've also got TNF, Columbia, and Sunice in the mix.

My strategy is pretty much thus when looking for a new jacket/insulating layer:

1) Find Arc'teryx piece that matches what I need
2) Is it discounted heavily somewhere?
3) If it is, buy it
4) If not, find something similar that's in the budget
Nothing wrong with being brand loyal, I do the exact same thing with certain companies each year haha can't help what we like. I have found a few smaller companies tho that are killing it right now but don't have the mass marketing that say North Face or Nike have. Being a skier I get a wee bit biased sometimes towards the ski companies as well haha. Like Orage as I mentioned is one of my favorites right now, real quality stuff.

Nothing wrong with being brand loyal, I do the exact same thing with certain companies each year haha can't help what we like. I have found a few smaller companies tho that are killing it right now but don't have the mass marketing that say North Face or Nike have. Being a skier I get a wee bit biased sometimes towards the ski companies as well haha. Like Orage as I mentioned is one of my favorites right now, real quality stuff.

Orage is a great example for sure. Another one is Westcomb. Bunch of ex Arc employees who left because they wanted to make gear using eVent fabrics, but Arc wouldn't let them because they would lose their contract with Gore Tex if they did. They make absolutely bomber gear. Heard good things about Trew as well

Orage is a great example for sure. Another one is Westcomb. Bunch of ex Arc employees who left because they wanted to make gear using eVent fabrics, but Arc wouldn't let them because they would lose their contract with Gore Tex if they did. They make absolutely bomber gear. Heard good things about Trew as well

Not familiar with Westcomb but I'm going to check them out. Trew makes great stuff! They had some issues in the past but I've heard nothing but great things lately. Not sure what your style is but companies like Bloom, Saga, Lethal Descent, Virtika, and even Oakley (I know bigger company) have really stepped up their game. Some of those companies have really wild stuff I'm not into but still some other awesome gear. I own mostly insulated stuff because it gets crazy cold over here haha but some nice technical layering or jackets are always nice!

I don't have enough experience with Helly to compare quality, but I know it's supposed to be great. The big thing for me with Arc'teryx is the fits are usually slimmer, which is better for my body type. Plus they make the best, most adjustable hoods I've ever seen, IMO.

that is a con for me, not a plus :alien:

Not familiar with Westcomb but I'm going to check them out. Trew makes great stuff! They had some issues in the past but I've heard nothing but great things lately. Not sure what your style is but companies like Bloom, Saga, Lethal Descent, Virtika, and even Oakley (I know bigger company) have really stepped up their game. Some of those companies have really wild stuff I'm not into but still some other awesome gear. I own mostly insulated stuff because it gets crazy cold over here haha but some nice technical layering or jackets are always nice!

I do love me some Oakley, but have never liked their winter stuff (besides goggles). Will definitely have to check em out!

I'm the opposite, I'm totally a layering guy now because of our constantly changing Maritime mountain climate. The insulated ski jacket I have is from back when I lived in Utah where it did get crazy cold!

I do love me some Oakley, but have never liked their winter stuff (besides goggles). Will definitely have to check em out!

I'm the opposite, I'm totally a layering guy now because of our constantly changing Maritime mountain climate. The insulated ski jacket I have is from back when I lived in Utah where it did get crazy cold!
I can definitely understand that. I do layer on certain days because I don't like a big jacket all the time but when it's 10 and below, big jacket time haha. Some real nice thermals or base layers are a crazy smart buy, and also gloves. Man I have to have some wicked warm gloves, my hands are always cold lol. Hestra is my go to!

Got a couple REI gift cards for Xmas and cashed them in on a Patagonia Down Sweater yesterday. Always wanted a nice warm down jacket for truly cold conditions, and this fits the bill without being crazy huge and only useful on subzero days - it seems like it will be a great midlayer when it's crazy cold out, while warm enough to wear without layering in the 30's and 40's.

Chaquetas-y-polares-de-hombre-Patagonia-DOWN-SWEATER-Chaqueta-de-plumas-underwater-blue.jpg

Just got an athletic, workout style jacket from the Ogio Endurance line. The Endurance line is Ogio's answer to Nike's workout stuff. Really nice stuff and I love it. I'll try grabbing a pic in a little

Anyone looking for a Burton jacket? I've got a few extra coats almost brand new. Don't want to break any rules but if u want just pm me.

The jacket ho-ing continues...

Got a Mountain Hardwear Stretch Ozonic rain jacket for $90 off Campsaver. Screaming deal since that's a $200 jacket. Really stoked, since my current rain jacket breathes like a plastic bag and this one gets great marks for comfort and breathability.

Back