• No

Votes: 60 62.5%

• Total voters

smgoldstein

2022 Goat Cupper
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
All this talk about joggers and hoodies. What about jeans? Certainly the top end private clubs don't allow them and at the local muni anything goes. But should jeans be allowed on the course. Basic Levi's, ripped tattered denims-does it mater?

If it's really sloppy I will wear a neat pair of jeans - not torn or faded. Otherwise Dockers long or short at a minimum.

and no jorts either!

I don’t think I’d ever wear jeans, but it doesn’t affect me if others do.

I'd be fine with jeans on the course. Better yet, make them Cargo Jeans!

I mean seriously? SHow up with jeans and you should be band.

I am anti jeans on the golf course. No good reason but I don't see the issue with putting on a pair of pants or decent shorts to play golf.

i don't care what others wear but jeans rubbing on me not what I want. In colder weather I have found golf pants really all I need unless it is low 40's with wind. Then I go with long johns under my rain pants.

I've worn jeans a few time back in college when I was home for the weekend and decided to play but now I think its a bad look.

With the cost of jeans today I would also be worried about messing them up as well.

A big no for jeans on the golf course for me. It’s not hard to grab a pair of khakis or nice shorts. I also don’t usually wear jeans on dress down days at the office. I’m just not a fan of jeans overall.

I mean how much turn could one generate with jeans on?

I would like to see people in jeans than look at what I see in shorts some days...........
So very true!! I think jeans are an upgrade to some of the things I've seen on public courses.

I mean how much turn could one generate with jeans on?
I know this may be a little sarcastic but with the stretch they put in jeans now days, plenty lol

I've never understood why people care about what people wear to play golf. Everyone talks about growing the game and then complains about cargo shorts or jeans on the course.
Fair point. Be happy they're playing.

In high school, jeans were the go to 'pants' in cold weather for the golf team. We all wore jeans with our team issued polo shirt when it was too cold to wear shorts. I don't think i've worn jeans on the course since (not the last 20 years anyway) but would likely do it if necessary in certain situations. Not a big deal to me unless you showed up at some self important country club as a guest wearing jeans - that's a no go.

Im on the train that as long as there is no dress code for the course, people can wear what they want. Has zero to do with me

Yea, I am still on the business casual as dress code kinda guy. However, I am good with nice dress shorts since I wear them for golf ;)

I don't care what other people wear on the course (within reason), but I wouldn't wear jeans.

I have worn jeans on the course.. Even relatively recently. I think it is course dependent. I dont think they are comfortable and there are way better options. It was just what I had on. and I have some time. So I jumped on the course for a few holes.

I don't care. Neither should you.

I don't but it is a choice for some, especially in the winter when they don't wear shorts below 45F. Apparently, below 45F is the shorts breaking point for some. I just shrug it off.

Back