Jeans on the golf course?

Jeans on the golf course

• Yes

Votes: 36 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 60 62.5%

• Total voters
I wouldn't, but to each his own.

I do remember playing at a very nice course in Myrtle Beach once that was a work event where one of the guys in my group (a customer) showed up in jeans and sneakers. I immediately thought he was going to be a poor golfer, but the guy ended up being the best in our group and was hitting bombs. Don't judge a book by its cover I guess.

Yup. Will in winter. It’s not against rules at courses I play, and it’s not at all uncomfortable to me.
I have no issue with jeans on the course. I find them to be too restrictive though so I would opt for golf pants.
I find them too restrictive as well. I want my pants to flex and be lightweight.

I have no issue with jeans on the course. I find them to be too restrictive though so I would opt for golf pants.
I don’t think I would be able to swing in jeans. My flexibility is already restricted. Don’t need any help in that dept. I don’t really care what people wear in the course, just the speed of play
Depends on the style of jeans. I assume a lot of the "no" votes have to do with wearing old-style denim. No way I'd wear that type of jeans. But a lot of jeans now have a ton of stretch material - When it's cooler I'll wear Lee Extreme Motion jeans - they're as flexible & stretchy as any golf pants I've ever tried. Too hot for summer wear though.

I actually prefer the Lee docker style stretch khakis for golf in colder weather. but I don't care what anyone else wears as long as they play fast.

It rains so much here that if you want to risk getting caught out in a rainstorm wearing denim...heaven help you.

I won't ever wear them on the golf course. They don't offend me but I just don't like it for myself.

I joined a private course this year, they have a strict no jeans rule. I would never wear them, but typically don’t care what others wear.
My club doesn't allow them and that's where I play about 99% of the time. Even if I go to another course that does allow them (there are a couple around here), I don't wear jeans on the course. I don't care what anybody else wears, but it's just not me.

I love jeans. If I'm not on a golf course and have to be in long pants, I'm wearing jeans. But everywhere I've lived and played, jeans on the golf course have been a no-no with very few exceptions, so I "grew up" that way in golf and it just doesn't feel right to me.

The bigger question is why would anybody want to?

I will wear jeans on the course, it is also 40 degrees out when I do so.

I'm not a fan of it. I've only done it once and it was winter golf in Chicago and I basically had the course to myself.

I've never understood why people care about what people wear to play golf. Everyone talks about growing the game and then complains about cargo shorts or jeans on the course.

If the courses I play start hollering at folks about their clothes they’d go out of business.
I don’t normally wear jeans, not because of a rule but because they’re not very comfortable. Tomorrow evening I’m playing after work, I’ll wear jeans because that’s what I wear to work.

I'm sure it's super uncomfortable to play in jeans, and yes... I'll judge internally but hell, whatever floats your boat. It's unfortunate that there is a stigma though because people get judged too easily on the surface.

One day I was busy around town running errands and some plans changed with my wife, freeing up my day. I always have the sticks in the car and in a rare situation I had on very casual clothes (t shirt and workout shorts, whereas my everyday clothing is almost always a colored golf shirt regardless of whether I'm playing or not)... so I dropped into my local muni and got paired up with a threesome who look pissed that the starter tossed me in , I was perceived as a hacker... lack of formal clothes, a sunday bag with no flashy headcovers. Anyway, I striped one down the middle 50 yards past them while teeing off last, it wasnt an issue the rest of the day and they joked about their first tee judgements and I explained the situation, which felt kind of weird that I had to justify my clothes.

I wish jeans were allowed in the winter months. But, my club says no jeans. Oh well.

I8kq0uJ.gif

Only my absolute local course 'allows' them, more so doesn't enforce the actual dress policy.. dude was straight hillbilly, kind of a mullet, jorts, cut off shirt.. basically kid rock golfing.... with a mixed bag off Craigslist with like 3 different 7 irons.

Think he smokes a pack n a half in the 4 hours

I think I've shared my opinion here. I'm more concerned about etiquette than clothing. Are you going to play at a reasonable pace (regardless of skill), are you going to take care of the course, are you going to not be an asshole to others out there? Then wear what you want.

Who am I to tell you how to enjoy a sport that can use more participation (outside of pandemic years).

I've never understood why people care about what people wear to play golf. Everyone talks about growing the game and then complains about cargo shorts or jeans on the course.
I only get judgy feels about it when people show up in jeans at a course that doesn't allow jeans, then complain about it (happens a bit at my club). If a course allows jeans and somebody wants to wear them, more power to them as far as I'm concerned. Wear your jammies, wear your t-shirt, wear your flip-flops - it's all good to me as long as you respect the course and keep up the pace of play.

I only get judgy feels about it when people show up in jeans at a course that doesn't allow jeans, then complain about it (happens a bit at my club). If a course allows jeans and somebody wants to wear them, more power to them as far as I'm concerned. Wear your jammies, wear your t-shirt, wear your flip-flops - it's all good to me as long as you respect the course and keep up the pace of play.

I understand that completely, I'm a member at a private course that doesn't allow it. But at a course with no restrictions it shouldn't be an issue.

I understand that completely, I'm a member at a private course that doesn't allow it. But at a course with no restrictions it shouldn't be an issue.
I hope this is how most people think, I also hope people don’t have an issue following course rules. But we know some like to argue just to argue. :ROFLMAO:

Oh! And I played in jeans this morning. ;)

All this talk about joggers and hoodies. What about jeans? Certainly the top end private clubs don't allow them and at the local muni anything goes. But should jeans be allowed on the course. Basic Levi's, ripped tattered denims-does it mater?
Nope! Then again, I dont think that joggers or hoodies are proper golf course attire either. Just because you can do something, doesnt mean that you should.

Jeans are fine.

People need to stop worrying about what other people are wearing.

I don't care what other people wear on the course, but its kind of funny that a lot of courses will ban denim (blue) jeans but will allow other color jeans.

I don't care what other people wear on the course, but its kind of funny that a lot of courses will ban denim (blue) jeans but will allow other color jeans.
That is very interesting they only ban blue denim, but I wonder if it is more about the look they are going for then anything else.

Back