Jetspeed...why do you guys think it's not selling...

I will be repurchasing the driver @ 13* and take advantage of receiving a free 17* wood. For me, I love the way this driver sets up. I hit some bombs with it in the past and regret giving it up. Can't wait to get it back in the bag. Felt I needed to post this with all the negative reviews because it has been very awesome for me. Just my 02.

I'm down with the Speed Police. Distance is the law. I'm looking for a cheap JetSpeed 3W myself, but I agree with what others have said about people seeing what they want to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jetspeed...why do you guys think it's not selling...

I didn't like the look of any Jetspeed woods at address. The way a club looks is important to me because it has to instill confidence in me. Looks are subjective as there are understandably many golfers who don't care how a club looks as long as it performs. For the price of even less expensive versions of clubs, I think they should look great AND perform even greater.

I purchased the jetspeed driver today and couldn't believe how forgiving it was for myself bye bye r1 more yardage, very easy for myself to work the ball either way

I saw ads from day 1 on the SLDR that said loft up. Or at least touted that pros were going up in loft and so should ams.

And I can show you Taylormade graphics made in Aug 2013 that say the SLDR was naturally high launching due to its low-forward center of gravity. Only trouble is, it never was.

Most folks need to "loft up" the SLDR to get a decent launch angle to take advantage of the low spin. Only when you loft it up, to say 12 or so, do you start to see some decent launch angles. But if you loft up a Jetspeed driver to HL-13, most folks will see massive balloons. I've hit it and seen those balloons. And I currently play HL RBZ 2 fairway woods precisely because they launch higher.

That''s one of the confusing things about this "Loft up" campaign. Is TMag saying that Joe Hacker would be better off if he lofted up across the board, or only better off if he lofts up their low-spinning SLDR? Actually, TMag could sell more clubs if they apply their "Loft Up" campaign across the board and the shpiel gets traction. If they can convince us we're all playing drivers and fwoods that are too low lofted, they can sell us all new clubs with higher lofts!

Hey, I'm not gonna argue much. I like my 17 degree 3 wood and 21 degree 5 wood. I'm even tempted to go back and try a 12 or 14 SLDR. But I didn't like my 9.5 SLDR at all even when dialed up to 11. However, my 10.5 Jetspeed launched nicely in neutral settings.

Stamped loft numbers are all a fiction anyway. You have to hit them and see what happens. My 9.5 Optiforce 440 dialed up 1 degree still launches lower than my 10.5 Opti 460 dialed down 1 degree.

Were you fit to all of your clubs?

Looking at my bag now, I was fit to none.

What determines being better off? Scores? Handicap? Not trying to be condescending here, I am genuinely curious.

I have been on both side of this, for years I just bought clubs off the rack....

This year that changed and I got fitted for everything in my bag, and that has made a big difference, I've gone from shooting 100+ and now in the mid 90's... The fittings aren't the only reason for this (my swing has improved with lessons), however I believe that club fitting has played a role. Example: My Rocketballz 3W was cut an inch shorter from stock and I'm way more consistent with that club since it was cut.

I've never personally understood the Jetspeed. Quick thoughts:
- I think that this *should* have been the the Superfast 3.0. Why try to market a whole new line?
- I think it never really had a clear spot. The high end is SLDR. The "low" end is RBZ2.
- Success of the RBZ2 and Callaway's XHot. I think that both hurt the Jetspeed.
- Weird release time. I think you could ask the same question about the Optiforce.
- Looks wise, it just didn't do it for me.
- The longer, lighter shaft didn't seem to be what was selling last year. Last year it was more about the colors (Cobra, Nike), the XHot or the SLDR.

I played with a guy this weekend that had the Jetspeed driver and 2 fairway woods and I asked him how he liked them and he said he loved them. He didn't have the prettiest swing and at times he was swinging out for his shoes and off balance but somehow found a few fairways at a fairly good distance. I find it hard to believe with his swing he was hitting it on the screws each time.

I tried the jetspeed and sldr 3ws today. I wasn't super impressed with either to be honest. I tried stiff and regular shafts in both. My SS with a 3w is around 88-90. With the sldr I averaged around 208 carry. With the jetspeed 212. The jetspeed launched slightly higher. Every single shot was left on both - about 15 swings on each. And neither if them outperformed my r9. But that could just be that I'm more comfortable with it. I thought he sldr was Better off a tee than the mat. I also found the jetspeed more difficult off a tee but way easier off the mat. Certainly profile and lie has aloft to do with that and that's what it was designed for. The jetspeed was lighter and felt a little cheap and whippy. The grip was nothing special but I always change them anyway. All in all they both have their place but I think I'll stick with my r9 for now.

In my opinion, the introduction of the R1, then the SLDR follow-up, pretty much guaranteed that the Jetspeed would languish on shelves everywhere. Do you remember when you first saw the R1? It's like looking into the cockpit of the Space Shuttle when you're accustomed to the Sopwith Camel. Then, the SLDR comes along, and while it has fewer moving parts, it's still clearly a hugely hi-tech driver, with a ton of visible adjustability, and the look of modern technology to go with it. When you look at the Jetspeed next to these clubs, it's, well...boring. I mean, it's not as boring as the Callaway Optiforce, but it's not far off.

Please note that I did not mention performance one time in there. I'm quite sure the Jetspeed is a fantastic club, as pretty much all modern drivers are. But, most people who buy clubs (not all...most) don't get fit, don't really have a plan re: what exactly they want the new club to accomplish, and in general, don't have any reason to buy a new driver apart from that it's cool, they like it, and it will look conspicuously awesome in the bag. In general too, I think that people know in their heart of hearts that it's not the hammer, it's the carpenter. They also know that the reality is that all modern top-line gear is so good that it's pretty safe to just buy whatever you like the best/whatever strikes you as being 'cool' and you'll be ok. Of course people on this forum will tend more towards getting fitted so that they know which gear is best for them, but that's not the typical consumer's approach.

Again, this is just my opinion.

I will say, reading through this thread is creating interest in this club for me, where it never was before. A lot of great info.

In my opinion, the introduction of the R1, then the SLDR follow-up, pretty much guaranteed that the Jetspeed would languish on shelves everywhere. Do you remember when you first saw the R1? It's like looking into the cockpit of the Space Shuttle when you're accustomed to the Sopwith Camel. Then, the SLDR comes along, and while it has fewer moving parts, it's still clearly a hugely hi-tech driver, with a ton of visible adjustability, and the look of modern technology to go with it. When you look at the Jetspeed next to these clubs, it's, well...boring. I mean, it's not as boring as the Callaway Optiforce, but it's not far off.

Please note that I did not mention performance one time in there. I'm quite sure the Jetspeed is a fantastic club, as pretty much all modern drivers are. But, most people who buy clubs (not all...most) don't get fit, don't really have a plan re: what exactly they want the new club to accomplish, and in general, don't have any reason to buy a new driver apart from that it's cool, they like it, and it will look conspicuously awesome in the bag. In general too, I think that people know in their heart of hearts that it's not the hammer, it's the carpenter. They also know that the reality is that all modern top-line gear is so good that it's pretty safe to just buy whatever you like the best/whatever strikes you as being 'cool' and you'll be ok. Of course people on this forum will tend more towards getting fitted so that they know which gear is best for them, but that's not the typical consumer's approach.

Again, this is just my opinion.
Whole lotta wisdom in this assessment.

I will say, reading through this thread is creating interest in this club for me, where it never was before. A lot of great info.

Love mine. And it is worth a test if your in the market.
Simple and sweet is what sold me plus it has helped get my tee shots lower.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Love mine. And it is worth a test if your in the market.
Simple and sweet is what sold me plus it has helped get my tee shots lower.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

I'm always in the market. LOL I will be sure to hit this one next time I get to the local shop.

Back