JT to Atlanta Drive

I think this thing is dead aimed at the Asian market. They play more SIM golf than they do the real stuff.

That would sure be something.

And you're right, the player ties will likely be weak, but I still say giving a geographic touch point is important in team sports. Is there another team sport that is successful that doesn't have it? Maybe F1 but that is manufacturer driven (which would make for an interesting golf approach via OEM but that's another thread)
Is there another team event with no city correlation? Team Tennis stood out and was similar and that failed.

I'm a little surprised they are just signing players vs. having a draft or something.

The points about regional teams make total sense logically, but I feel like somehow they are more interesting than having location agnostic teams. Like if there ends up being a Detroit team (I don't expect one) I'll be all-in despite the cognitive dissonance.

Is exhibition team golf not forboden anymore?

I fancy myself as a knowledgeable golf fan, but this one I just don't see how it gains traction. I am sure some of the cold weather fans will appreciate the SIM golf aspect, but these guys have proven time and again, their personalities don't lend themselves for exciting tv.

I fancy myself as a knowledgeable golf fan, but this one I just don't see how it gains traction. I am sure some of the cold weather fans will appreciate the SIM golf aspect, but these guys have proven time and again, their personalities don't lend themselves for exciting tv.
They need a team with Beef and Big Beautiful.

Saw that this morning and had zero idea what it meant. The whole thing is just confusing to me but I'll try watching it at least once
Yeah, what’s Atlanta Drive GC 🤔

Is there another team event with no city correlation? Team Tennis stood out and was similar and that failed.
I did not recall team tennis. Looked like it was similiar in teams based in Cities but not actually playing 'home' games there.

So, TGL is Woods/McIlroy's answer to LIV? Will the PGA block them and kick them off the PGA? 😜 15 is a lot of events. Just saying. ;)

Back