Templet0n

washed...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
snow..
Atlanta drive GC signs JT

What a signing.. lol

Honestly yes it is total click bait and I am still 100% confused on why I should care. Not just about this signing, but this league as a whole.

I am just a little bored at work and thought I would throw this out there

Makes perfect sense.
From KY, went to AL, now plays for GA.

In team sports, there is a physical presence. In this there isn't.
Why are team names associated other than having an owner.

Makes perfect sense.
From KY, went to AL, now plays for GA.

In team sports, there is a physical presence. In this there isn't.
Why are team names associated other than having an owner.
And he lives in fl. Lol

@JB think this will get OWGR points? 😂😂

It might as well.
Also also,

I believe all events are to be played in Atlanta. Why have regional representation at all??

So I guess everyone is playing in WPB, despite where the team is, or are they going to be doing this remotely? Or are they going to move to different cities for different tournaments? Or are they games? Or events? I still just don't get it.

Also also,

I believe all events are to be played in Atlanta. Why have regional representation at all??
Its what I wrote on social media. Although pretty sure it will be in FL.

I still have absolutely no idea what this is or even care to look it up. Very confusing to me.

Its what I wrote on social media. Although pretty sure it will be in FL.

You might be right and FL actually makes more sense since a lot of them live there anyway. But you spelled out my point perfectly..

Saw that this morning and had zero idea what it meant. The whole thing is just confusing to me but I'll try watching it at least once

So they will play all the matches in the Palm Beach area.

I do think having a geographical tie to the teams has the potential to drive interest more-so than just general names or groups without that tie. Not saying folks in Atlanta are now instantly hooked, but I don't see it as a bad thing.

Just like other sports, you either follow players or teams, and so much team identify is tied to their City so it feels natural.

Saw that this morning and had zero idea what it meant. The whole thing is just confusing to me but I'll try watching it at least once
Haha this is me too. I thought for a second he joined LIV or something

So they will play all the matches in the Palm Beach area.

I do think having a geographical tie to the teams has the potential to drive interest more-so than just general names or groups without that tie. Not saying folks in Atlanta are now instantly hooked, but I don't see it as a bad thing.

Just like other sports, you either follow players or teams, and so much team identify is tied to their City so it feels natural.
But in all of those cases, the team identity is tied to the city because they play there.
What is the tie in here? That an owner that doesn't play might be from there?

I think it will be fun to watch but i have no idea why it has regional teams. That part makes no sense to me.

But in all of those cases, the team identity is tied to the city because they play there.
What is the tie in here? That an owner that doesn't play might be from there?
Fair, hence the potential part, but I think it is better than arbitrary. I know if there was Team Cincinnati Chippers going up against the Atlanta Drive that gives me a reason to trash talk with my Atlanta friends.

I think to your point earlier JT is a southeast kid so that draws folks in, similar to how Wisconsinites seem to love Stricker and Ohio loves to make mention of Jack. It will be interesting to see if they continue that pattern with the teams. Rory to Boston seems a potential fit, Homa to LA, etc.

Pro golf seems to be giving us a lot of crap that no one wants to watch. We like Majors because the best in the world are all there playing against each other. Now the golfers are being paid gigantic exorbitant fees to not play against each other and we are going to have it shoved down our throats.

Fair, hence the potential part, but I think it is better than arbitrary. I know if there was Team Cincinnati Chippers going up against the Atlanta Drive that gives me a reason to trash talk with my Atlanta friends.

I think to your point earlier JT is a southeast kid so that draws folks in, similar to how Wisconsinites seem to love Stricker and Ohio loves to make mention of Jack. It will be interesting to see if they continue that pattern with the teams. Rory to Boston seems a potential fit, Homa to LA, etc.
Does JT from KY, went to AL and live in FL now playing for GA really draw people in?

How does Rory to Boston seem like a fit? Because they have some Irish there? haha.

King for a day, make these players live in those cities and pay those taxes. Every one of them would want to pay for Team FL.

Pro golf seems to be giving us a lot of crap that no one wants to watch. We like Majors because the best in the world are all there playing against each other. Now the golfers are being paid gigantic exorbitant fees to not play against each other and we are going to have it shoved down our throats.
You aren't interested on a cold Tuesday night when it is dark by 5 pm? What else would you watch instead?

King for a day, make these players live in those cities and pay those taxes. Every one of them would want to pay for Team FL.
That would sure be something.

And you're right, the player ties will likely be weak, but I still say giving a geographic touch point is important in team sports. Is there another team sport that is successful that doesn't have it? Maybe F1 but that is manufacturer driven (which would make for an interesting golf approach via OEM but that's another thread)

You aren't interested on a cold Tuesday night when it is dark by 5 pm? What else would you watch instead?

Nothing? Give me good old fashioned stroke play tourney with all the world's best involved and I'll gladly tune in. Simulator golf with a bunch of fancy lights and golfers trying to be funny on a microphone? I'd rather watch Netflix. Plus it's team golf and I have no reason to pick one team over another. That's one of the problems with LIV, there are no stakes to the teams. None of the teams have a good reason to be interested in them over the other teams.

Back