Ranger5022

Reaction score
Handicap
Experiment.....

So I have a stiff stock shaft for my r11 3 wood sat in the garage ...if I stuck this in my r11 driver instead of the stock regular shaft...what are the likely positive and negatives for the effects ?

Only one way to find out. My brother tried this once and it didn't work out well for him. Everything he hit with that setup was a high, weak, drifter.

Will give it a go...thought I might get a little more control with the slightly shorter shaft....

I would try it out, you might be surprised and get some awesome control or not, you never know until you try. I would love to try this out on my R11, I can hit my 3 wood better sometimes and you never know you might get some great results

Experiment.....

So I have a stiff stock shaft for my r11 3 wood sat in the garage ...if I stuck this in my r11 driver instead of the stock regular shaft...what are the likely positive and negatives for the effects ?

I'm curious and would like to know how you make out, so please keep is updated with the results of your little experiment :)

Sent from my MB870 using Tapatalk

I've always wondered about this. I can rip a 3 wood straight or draw it (depending on my needs), but I really struggle with the driver and I think it's because of the extra length.

Let us know how this works!

Will do guys...won't be on the range till the end of this week....

Why not just cut your driver shaft down to 45 or 44.5 ?

Good point OG...I was going to try this first....just as an experiment.....out of all my clubs...my driver is the one that misbehaves most....

Well it was a windy day today....so I got to spend an hour on the range whilst Ranger junior had his golf lesson....
i stuck the stiff 3 wood shaft in the r11 head and proceeded to experiment.....
Initially felt a little strange large head...short shaft and it took some work to feel comfortable over the ball....started to hit a few and it was a lower launch consistently.... The wind was a good 10-20 mph gusts straight into my face so I wasnt too concerned that the distances wasn't that great...and very little roll. I found that the shaft was probably too short for me ....as I relaxed and got used to the look of the whole thing I found myself unconciously just getting back into a standard driver setup in my stance and this made me top the ball.....so I think I will go to plan B and using an elastic band start choking down the grip on the standard shaft until I find a comfortable position ...then maybe get it shortened.
I will be seeing my teaching pro on Tuesday and he has said he will have a look at my Driver set up.
As I said previously it is still the club that misbehaves the most...so I want to get it sorted. Wish I could hit it as consistently as my R 11 3 wood. ( 464yd Par 5 today 3wood....3 hybrid.....2 putts...thank you...)

Back