Reviving an old thread here, but does anyone have any recommendations for a decent wireless thermometer? I have gone through two of the cheaper ones already.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I went through a bunch of cheap ones then finally bit the bullet and got a flame boss, it's expensive but I love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went through a bunch of cheap ones then finally bit the bullet and got a flame boss, it's expensive but I love it

Cool I'll check it out. I burnt out my Cuisinart which then shot through the side of my akorn . Then I had a cheap one that only worked once.

Lately I've really been eyeing the Weber igrills

I'm really close to pulling the trigger on a Weber Summit Charcoal myself... double walled (air insulated) kamado-style, but in Weber materials. Baby Back Maniac has some great cooking vids on this bad boy.

I've had a kamado, and finally got fed up with the weight, cracked interior pieces over time, and finally the cooker itself cracked. I'm willing to give the Weber a try, having also cooked on their kettle grills for decades....

I'm really close to pulling the trigger on a Weber Summit Charcoal myself... double walled (air insulated) kamado-style, but in Weber materials. Baby Back Maniac has some great cooking vids on this bad boy.

I've had a kamado, and finally got fed up with the weight, cracked interior pieces over time, and finally the cooker itself cracked. I'm willing to give the Weber a try, having also cooked on their kettle grills for decades....
That's interesting. I've never seen Weber's Kamado style. I'm a big Weber fan and still use my kettle for certain foods. Hopefully they add some Kamado specific recipes to their app.

That's interesting. I've never seen Weber's Kamado style. I'm a big Weber fan and still use my kettle for certain foods. Hopefully they add some Kamado specific recipes to their app.

They're very expensive, but once you add up all the extras needed to get the BGE outfitted somewhat similarly, it's not a huge difference, from what I can tell. I'm a Weber fanboy, so that's part of the Summit's appeal to me, I'll admit

Last edited:
has anybody ever cleaned the inside of the grill? not the grates, but the inside of the ceramic body. just curious.

has anybody ever cleaned the inside of the grill? not the grates, but the inside of the ceramic body. just curious.

I clean mine regularly. To be fair though its less about cleaning it and more about vacuuming out the inside. Mine has a removable tray for ashes, but there will always be stuff on the bottom. I bought a small shop vac for this use and it works well.

Came up today in conversation with the wife, when we buy this will be the first purchase for the house

Back