widesol2003

Reaction score
Handicap
I just got some new C300 forged at a VERY cheap price. I'm liking the tour 105S (115g .370 tip)

I'm a medium swing speed with a short aggressive backswing 7 iron 150yrs

The issue is anything over 7iron everything is leaking left, i'm left handed player. I think the longer irons get a little loose and soft

Im really loving the irons especially being able to hit a 4 and 5 iron with ease. So I would like to reshaft with something more stable but keep the flight and spin

Mizuno optimizer was putting me in LZ 6.0 or AMT white. The KBS tour 120 stiff on the monitor had a very tight dispersion

Would switching to the tour 120 make the longer irons more stable or will they play the same as the 105 ? If i shim the .355 tip they would be 5g difference. I was thinking also the modus 120 or the Tour FLT

Will this shafts be more stable in longer irons ? I don't want to lose ability to hit a 4iron and 5

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

If you like the feel, LZ 6.0 could be the ticket.

Have you checked other areas like lie angles? What’s your strike on the longer irons that are leaking? I would exhaust other things before making a switch. Just to ensure it is, in fact, the shaft.

Have you checked other areas like lie angles? What’s your strike on the longer irons that are leaking? I would exhaust other things before making a switch. Just to ensure it is, in fact, the shaft.
Thanks...ya they play 1 degree flatter then my old pings. Would 1 degree make that much of a change?

I have no access to monitors right now with covid they are all closed

Thanks...ya they play 1 degree flatter then my old pings. Would 1 degree make that much of a change?

I have no access to monitors right now with covid they are all closed

It certainly can make a difference. You don’t need to get on a monitor, you can use a sharpie to figure out if the lie angles are off.

Draw a vertical line with a sharpie (be liberal with your sharpie) and face the line towards the club face with the line pointing straight up. Hit the ball and the line will transfer over to the club face. If the line is pointing towards the toe or heel, the lie angle needs to be adjusted to get the line to be pointed straight up. Just take your time with setting the ball so the line is straight up so you don’t get false positives or negatives during the testing.

I'd recommend you not read much into it. When I dropped from a full weight shaft to the Tour 90 stiff (102g) shaft I was all out of sorts and took them to my local shop for alterations. best advice I ever got from the owners- just chill and play them for a while. took me about 3-4 months to totally transition. So greatful I did not go pulling shafts. I could not be more happy with the tour 90 in wilson c300 cast clubs. Your story might be like mine if you give it a bit of time.

Back