KBS Tour R vs. Dynamic Gold R300?

tmtitleist411

#covertpondering
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 6.9
Close to a decision on shafts for my next clubs, but I wanted to crowdsource this one. How do you guys like both of these shafts? How do they compare in ballflight, launch characteristics, feel, spin, and stiffness? Thanks!

Pretty big weight difference between the two - almost 20 grams I think. Softer tip section in the KBS should offer a smoother feel, along with a little more launch and spin. For me, it wouldn't even be a question having played the Tour R's for a year or so in the past.

Hawk nailed it. About a 15g difference. DG's will be a solid but lower launching for most and the KBS Tours will be a little higher in flight and a tad in spin but have a TON more feel in them, they are still the smoothest feeling iron shafts out there IMHO.

I've tried both, but in completely different club heads. Having grown up on Dynamics, it is tough to get away from the True Temper feel. Current shafts are DGR300's in two different sets and I like them better than anything else out there.

Buffs99

I have a KBS Tour 90 R in my current clubs and a DGR300 SL on my backup(different heads) and I prefer the KBS just because it's a smoother shaft to swing maybe bacuase it's lighter. Also, I like a higher ball flight which I can get from the KBS.

Yep, like to agree with the above.

Two very different shafts and to add some additional information, usually you want a stiffer tip section (TT DG) if you have a later release. The softer tip KBS Tour will be ideal if you tend to release the clubhead early.

Back