Keegan Bradley Penalized For 15 Clubs

Misike

Albatross 2020 Club Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Keegan Bradley Penalized For 15 Clubs

I caddied long ago, and this one is almost completely on the caddie. Keegan should know what clubs he's playing, but the last thing a caddie should do before heading to the 1st tee is count, and recount the clubs in the bag. At least that's what we were taught.

Bucketsofjoy

Reaction score
Handicap
7.2 USGA
Keegan handled this better than most would. He kept this under control, and he could have easily (and justifiably) placed full blame on his caddie.

We gave Bubba a lot of well deserved criticism for blaming his caddie for his poor shot because it was ultimately Bubbas fault. He swung the club. I think this situation is the caddies fault because, ultimately, they keep the bag. Sure Keegan should have looked in his bag if he wanted to be sure he only had 14 clubs, but he does pay a professional to take care of this kind of stuff so he can focus on other things in the hours leading up to the tournament.

Huge respect for Keegan for the way he backs his caddie. That's a teammate.

TheDoctor

One of the UK Hackers
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
7.4 (WHS)
I saw this last night and I think they both have to take some of the blame

Apparently Keegan didn't go through his usual range session so didn't hit the 3i and hybrid to decide which one he wanted in the bag for the round, which is why I think they both have to take some blame for it

Canadan

You Are Great
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
+
I saw this last night and I think they both have to take some of the blame

Apparently Keegan didn't go through his usual range session so didn't hit the 3i and hybrid to decide which one he wanted in the bag for the round, which is why I think they both have to take some blame for it
Unusual practice routine leads to 66.... maybe he found a new practice routine hahahaha

Martsy

Reaction score
Handicap
18.5 GHIN
Yes Keegan is ultimately responsible, the same way a CEO is responsible for his/her employees. But it's still the caddies fault imo. And honestly, this is the second story in the last year that I can remember where Keegan's caddie was part of the story (last years incident with MJ being the other), which is two more than most caddies.

Agent Jay

Grandaddy Dos Alumni
Reaction score
Handicap
That sucks, but the caddie should know, and so should Keegan. Most golfers have a plan of attack for most courses they are playing, most know which clubs they'll use on each track. Bet it won't happen again.

Wyzyguy

Reaction score
Sux for Keegan and it's probably the caddie's fault more than his but a player should know what's in his bag before he tees off.
I agree with you. Assuming it was not previously discussed. I am responsible for my people at work. It was an oversight by both. Second set of eyes never hurts. I would be bummed out but could not justify being angry at his caddie. It cost them both in the paycheck department. Just like my job!!!

checkered

The Shogun of Harlem
Reaction score
Handicap
too high
Good on Keegan for standing up to him. Really I think the player should be the last one to check the bag right before going to the first tee. :shrug: I know a lot of those guys lean on their caddie for that, but I would just think you'd want to take some personal responsibility to make sure since it can affect your paycheck.

Mash

Reaction score
Think both are to blame. A player should know his setup for the round, and part of being a caddie is taking care of the bag.

golfinFF

Reaction score
Handicap
21.9 oob
saw this last night while watching the coverage, good KB for sharing the blame cause that's exactly how it lies. Its the players responsibility to make sure he has the clubs he wants in the bag and it the caddies responsibility that the bag is set for the player.

Many players switch wedges based on conditions or in this case iron/hybrid, those choices are made by the player not the caddy.

CAA_Beat

Reaction score
Handicap
Bubba probably would've melted down. Looks like they handled it well and moved on.
Breaking news...Bubba just yelled at his caddie for Keegan and Hale's mistake:D

cjroman

Reaction score
Handicap
Feelings
Somewhere...the sounds of a MAJ belly laugh are still echoing...

AshMan

Internet Golfer - Legend
Reaction score
Handicap
I think they share in the blame. Both of them should be responsible for what is in the bag and should both have checked. But they both handled it well.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in