Keegan Bradley question

Scorp

Lacking competent adult supervision
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Is t just me or does Keegan Bradley seem to be using clubs with shafts that are too short for him? I watched him last weekend during some swings and to me he looked entirely uncomfortable and less upright than other players...

He has always looked like that, so I guess the short clubs are optimum for him.

Ok cool. Thanks. One one tee box he was way over on the left right next to the paint can tee marker so I thought it was odd... then watching a few more swings... yeah, it's odd to me.

LOL he has always looked that way. I don't think the clubs are short I think they are just standard but its probably how he learned to play and doesn't want to change.

I think he does it to add to his neurotic mystique.

I played with him when he was in high school he was good friends with a kid at our club and he looked like that in high school. I don't recall him being quite that fidgety but it was a friendly round for a Snapple not out on tour.

So he's always been that way. It kind of reminds me of the way bent over putting style... but swinging clubs instead of putters. It must work for him though... he came in what, second last week right?

I’ve always wondered if it was a conscious decision to take that stance because it feels natural or if he just started out with the wrong size clubs as a kid and never wanted to change once he got comfortable.

I’ve always wondered if it was a conscious decision to take that stance because it feels natural or if he just started out with the wrong size clubs as a kid and never wanted to change once he got comfortable.

Keegan's father is a PGA club pro and his aunt is Pat Bradley in the LPGA hall of fame so I doubt it was wrong size clubs when he was younger. I never asked him though. I may cross paths with him in the future sometime as I still see his friend if I do I will ask if it doesn't seem awkward.

Is t just me or does Keegan Bradley seem to be using clubs with shafts that are too short for him? I watched him last weekend during some swings and to me he looked entirely uncomfortable and less upright than other players...

For several swing technique reasons, nearly all Tour players stand tall at address.
Keegan Bradley, Dan Forsman, Skip Kendall, and Fuzzy Zoeller are a few examples of players who use the unorthodox, significant-bend-from-the-hips-waist address posture.

I always thought so

Keegan's father is a PGA club pro and his aunt is Pat Bradley in the LPGA hall of fame so I doubt it was wrong size clubs when he was younger. I never asked him though. I may cross paths with him in the future sometime as I still see his friend if I do I will ask if it doesn't seem awkward.
Hard to imagine he was in the wrong clubs if that's the case, maybe that' just a natural posture for him when swinging.

It's just different from the rest... not bad I guess because he has a PGA card and I'm just posting on the internet...

I'd be interested in knowing his ape index, I'd wager its pretty high.

There was a swing theory decades ago that the hands needed to be near the knees for power. In order to play this way the lie angle needed to be quite flat. Maybe it started with Ben Hogan whose clubs were 6 degrees flat. It makes sense to play with flatter lies which promotes a horizontal attack in the second half of the downswing. The hands move on a vertical plane with the clubhead coming from behind the hands on a horizontal plane with he power in a forwards direction rather than a downwards direction.

Last edited:
Back