keeping your hands dry - rosin bag? something?

I fought with this last round up here in VT. I ended up switching to an old glove I had in my bag that had 3-4 holes in it. It was dry so it was much better than the soaked glove I was wearing for the first 3/4 of the round. Gotta take inventory of my gloves in my bag and probably pick up another 2-3 the next time I'm out and rotate them every couple of holes. I'm the guy who never takes his glove off as opposed to those who take it off between shots and while putting.

The easiest thing to use to keep your hands dry is to have a cold, wet towel. Think of the size of a hand towel. All you have to do is to get it wet and cold and use it to wipe off your hands between shots. When you come across the beverage cart, dip it in the ice water keeping the drinks cold. Or use the water jugs to get some cold water on it. You just have to refresh the cold on it a couple times during the round.

It's simple really. Your hands sweat because they are hot. Use the cold towel to cool them off, and they won't sweat, at least for the few minutes until you hit the shot. Plus its great to use to wipe off your face and cool off that way. My hands will sweat like crazy and I've used this method for years and never have a problem with sweaty hands. It's cheap, easy, and there is no mess.

while your idea sounds like a good one, I would not recommend (for sanitary reasons) dipping your hand towel in icy water that is used to keep peoples drinks cold. With due respect that's downright nasty imo. I don't want to be drinking from a bottle where someone else's sweaty and/or dirty hand towel was in contact with. Better to purchase a cold water and pour it on your towel.

I don't find my hand hot but soaking wet with sweat. i have been wearing my rain glove, slippery solved. on and off to putt not solved however

I bought some anti-perspirant for your hands one time. It was called "dry -grip" for tennis players. It was a white watery liquid. It didn't feel tacky or sticky. It washed off easily. I had to apply it about 3 times during 18 holes, in really hot weather.

I'll see if I can find some.

Jack

It's summer in Big D and that means yesterday the temp was in the high 90s and the Temp-Humidity Index said it felt like 104. My right hand was just wet with sweat and I had a tough time getting it dry. Grab the towel on the way off the cart to the shot - kinda damp by the time I got lined up over it. Ideas for this? Maybe a rosin bag? Anybody carry talc or some drying agent in their bag? Is that even legal (I sure don't want to do something wrong :bulgy-eyes:). Ideas or thoughts?

I carry a small travel size bottle of baby powder in my bag. I don't like to wear a glove, when my hands get to sweaty I towel them off and shake a small amount of baby powder on my hands. Works good, I don't need to do it very often.

Hasn't anyone come up with a grip for these conditions? I think golf pride says they have one but I don't know that actually works.

Full Cord grips work. If/When the cord starts to smooth out, use a key to scrape up/down the grip and it will rough 'em back up. The key thing is not a daily hole-by-hole or round-by-round trick. Only every month or so depending on how often you play.

I have always had a problem with sweaty hands.

I switched to Dri-Tac grips a few years ago and it solved the problem.

I don't even wear a glove anymore.

Back